Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How do you select targets?

whatthefett

Here is why I ask: during Hutball the opponent was ledge sitting, waiting to pass the ball along. After a few easy scores I decided no one else was going to lean up the shelves, so I jump up from behind and got ready to take him out. He doesn't even see me there and as I jump I tab to target him and start the furious assault.

Nothing. Tab again. Fury. Nothing. Tab again. Fury. Nothing.

Well granted at that point I should have clicked on him, but the point of this story is that I was standing right behind him, there was no one else around, and I couldn't key target him.

Now if I am coming out of the respawn and see the opposing ball carrier off in the distance, I'll click on him and start running. That way I have him selected even before I get there. I do click target in some situations.

I just can't believe that it is such a struggle to target someone right next to you with the keyboard. This happens all the time. Does everyone click target or do you have some other way to designate opponents?

By the way I got burned crisp because I just couldn't get the expected result of the tab targeting, as thick headed as I am. He beat the stank out of me while I sat there in disbelief wondering how much I was at the mery of the system as opposed to my own ability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.