An easy fix for Mercenary DPS in PvP

From the way the class is designed, Bioware seems to be going for a class that can dish out a lot of damage, but doesn't have much utility. The problem with this is that the other classes can produce the same amount of damage, and Heavy Armor isn't very different from Medium/Light armor in damage reduction. I propose these changes to fix this problem:

- Add an increase to armor to the Mercs cylinders, perhaps as high as 40%

- Increase base damage of Mercs

For the lack of utility, Mercs should produce more damage and take less damage. Currently this isn't the case, or the difference is too small to notice. These changes would fix that.

From the way the class is designed, Bioware seems to be going for a class that can dish out a lot of damage, but doesn't have much utility. The problem with this is that the other classes can produce the same amount of damage, and Heavy Armor isn't very different from Medium/Light armor in damage reduction. I propose these changes to fix this problem:

- Add an increase to armor to the Mercs cylinders, perhaps as high as 40%

- Increase base damage of Mercs

For the lack of utility, Mercs should produce more damage and take less damage. Currently this isn't the case, or the difference is too small to notice. These changes would fix that.

this is what needs to happen to Merc/PT for it to be comparable/on par with the current classes:

-move power shot into same tier PT tree. instead of reducing power cost, instant cast.

-add a root ability

-reduce CD on KB by 5-15secs

-add interrupt ability

PT fixed.

arsenal, idk...never played...i cannot sit still for any longer than 3 seconds (unload).

i consistantly top the damage meter (90%) and i find my focus/role to kill healers, protect objectives, and protect my groupies (lol).

1v1, i have some troubles vs. good players. sent/mara, vg/pt. and tanksins. these additions, and the lack of additions to those already powerful classes (i.e. NO NERFS), would put us right in the mix, and make Merc/PT perfect, imo.

merc's role is damage. i think i do just fine in that department. but, it is obvious in 1v1 2v1 situations where our lack of true mobility and utility shows.

Edited by T-Assassin

t

merc's role is damage. i think i do just fine in that department. but, it is obvious in 1v1 2v1 situations where our lack of true mobility and utility shows.

That's kind of my point, why would anyone choose a Merc? You can produce the same damage with a Sniper or Sorcerer.