Low Pop Servers

GaryCartel

In a transfer you elect to lose your names. In a merge you have the loss of name forced upon you by the developer. Guess which one is going to cause the most PR problems.

With a server transfer. If you don't transfer to another server. You will be the only left on your server. Then you be on here complaining about what exactly?

So it's your choice Play by yourself or lose your character name.

Hey BW! Why not Merge 2 to 3 servers together, instead of doing server transfer.

Take some blame... You made way to many servers and now you are paying for it.

Do something soon before it's too late.

I feel you, I had to leave 2 50's behind and reroll on fatman.

With a server transfer. If you don't transfer to another server. You will be the only left on your server. Then you be on here complaining about what exactly?

So it's your choice Play by yourself or lose your character name.

Regardless of the negative effects of your choice, having that choice taken from you is what will cause significantly more subscriptions to be lost, hence why merges almost never happen but transfers eventually get added to the game.

The PR problems of a few slowly dying servers are insignificant compared to the power of the force...d name changes.

Edited by Darth_Philar

One of the worst part being on a dead server when there is a republic 8 man pre-maid all hardcore players full war hero that play all day and you are on empire side playing with new 50's , just to say that the republic are now playing no pvp due to there actions and BW lack of actions lol.

This I am only assuming... But another problem with server transfers is you will probably only be able to move one character. Therefore making your legacy irrelevant.

Not sure whether they are planning free transfer or paid transfers. If it's paid it will cost to much to move all characters over. If it's free I am assuming it will only be one character allowed to be transferred.

Regardless of the negative effects of your choice, having that choice taken from you is what will cause significantly more subscriptions to be lost, hence why merges almost never happen but transfers eventually get added to the game.

The PR problems of a few slowly dying servers are insignificant compared to the power of the force...d name changes.

Let's not kid ourselves PR is not an issue everyone knows with half a brain this game is dieing so why not merge and be done with it and hope for the best , they have 0 choice , it's either merge or lose more or merge and lose some. the choice is obvious and it goes to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Let's not kid ourselves PR is not an issue everyone knows with half a brain this game is dieing so why not merge and be done with it and hope for the best , they have 0 choice , it's either merge or lose more or merge and lose some. the choice is obvious and it goes to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

I suppose you have some source that backs up your claim that the #2 MMORPG* is dying?

*Based on EA's financial disclosure.

Edited by Darth_Philar

Hey BW! Why not Merge 2 to 3 servers together, instead of doing server transfer.

Take some blame... You made way to many servers and now you are paying for it.

Do something soon before it's too late.

i am going to assume this is exactly what is to be done.

i.e. merging like severs...pvp west coast with pvp west coast.

could you imagine the mess it would be to let individuals choose which servers they want to xfer to?!!

you'll get an over populated lagfest, groups of same factions ganging up, and servers with 5 repubs 10000 imps.

Legacy names, lol.

get rid of all that crap, merge servers and add some pvp.

They know how to do server merges, and were doing them on warhammer last few years. It gave the game a shot of life each time, keeping it clinging on a bit longer.

6 Days till phase 1 of judgement day arrives, better start clinging harder

Edited by Dooger

I suppose you have some source that backs up your claim that the #2 MMORPG* is dying?

*Based on EA's financial disclosure.

If you log on every day like i do , then you can see swtor is dieing and that's a fact , even our brother clan which resides in Europe is dead and they are joining other servers with more people and leaving servers dead. So it don't matter if it was number 2 it hasn't been a year at release and they are already talking server merges and free transfers, right there is red lights say whoahhhh stop right there something is wrong but hey lets not take care of it till it's too late, so that number 2 will be number crap when GW2 hit's the stores and D3 expect it to be 10x times worse when that happens. Get ready for free to play just like AoC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.