A different sort of Legacy question.

Does anyone know...if I get a character past an unlock threshold and then delete the character, does my Legacy retain the unlock?

Meaning (for example) if I get my Assassin past the chapter two breakpoint and unlock her buff across my Legacy, will I retain that buff if I later delete her?

Please don't try and tell me there's no reason I should ever have to consider this - 8 slots per server is simply not enough. :)

Greetings,

We have touched on the issue of Legacy benefits and how they are impacted by the deletion of characters in two of our Weekly Q&As. Here's what Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert had to say in the March 16th blog:

Urtog: Say I get a Chiss to level 50, now that species is unlocked for all other classes. So if I make a Chiss on the republic side then delete the level 50 Chiss what would happen to my republic version? Or if I delete it before making another character of that species, does it become permanently unlocked even if the level 50 species is deleted?

Damion: You keep your Chiss, and you also keep the ability to create new Chiss. This ability is now permanently unlocked on that server.

Damion further clarified in the April 20th blog:

TheCritter: If I delete a character with Legacy unlocks do I lose those unlocks? For example, if I have a human female Sniper at level 50 with Act 3 completed will I lose the race unlock, Heroic Ability, and class emote for my other characters if I delete her?

Damion: You will keep all unlocks that you have managed to unlock so far.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. Thank you!