Trooper A Lost Cause?

Saltydogg

you do realise there's several different mobs (with vastly differing levels of health) that all require different types of classes to beat, right?

trying going against an assassin as a commando without an interrupt.

the first one to finish doesn't mean they do the most dps.

same thing can be said for different bosses and players. thats why im saying commandos arent dead or useless they still have there advantages

Edited by rjavig

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

commando healer is very viable... just throwin it out there.

thank you you probably know how to play your class correctly. though people will probably troll us, were not saying there perfect were saying there good healers when used right

thank you you probably know how to play your class correctly. though people will probably troll us, were not saying there perfect were saying there good healers when used right

Tell the community how then or do a small guide :)

same thing can be said for different bosses and players.
no, it can't. you said every council member had the same health and whoever wins first has the highest dps. that is strictly false.

thats why im saying commandos arent dead or useless they still have there advantages

i'm not arguing against that. in fact, i agree with it, but a post filled with conjecture and misinformation does not illustrate that point.

Edited by oaceen

no, it can't. you said every council member had the same health and whoever wins first has the highest dps. that is strictly false.

i'm not arguing against that. in fact, i agree with it, but a post filled with conjecture and misinformation does not illustrate that point.

im curious why do you think that that is false? each counsel member for dps has roughly 108 there all the same hp for tanks its 50+k and healers it 30k i was just pointing out that commandos can do well in single targets and even in logs my dps was not bad

someone already made a well guide :) all you really have to do to be over 8+ ammo and youll be fine. your normal rotation is adv.probe, hs/bi, then med probe, then hs, hs, adv prob then do same thing have bacta infusion replace hammer shot when its up if you need that extra heal if not save it for an emergency. for burst heal it really depends, for your first time burst healing in a fight use your tech override and reserve power cell and blow your ammo if you need to heal everyone then use recharge cell to bring your ammo back up then go to normal rotation once your at 10+ ammo. also always have 30 stacks of supercharge before a boss fight and have trauma probe placed on the tank. never place trauma probe during the fight unless your columi or better geared and if you have 12 ammo or near full ammo. oh one more thing dont always use super charge cell when its ready only use it before huge spike damages or you need that extra 1 ammo back. save it if you can for when you know a hard hit is up.

Edited by rjavig

im curious why do you think that that is false? each counsel member for dps has roughly 108 there all the same hp for tanks its 50+k and healers it 30k i was just pointing out that commandos can do well in single targets and even in logs my dps was not bad

Well for starters they force you to use single target abilities... A sentinel could use transcedence to boost damage, but afaik it'd cause the bosses to give the 0% dmg debuff. Also, the dps guys have 1 hard interrupt and 1 knockback, thus favoring dot specs or specs with lots of instant damage skills. A gunnery commando suffers a lot on that encounter just from those 2 things.

I suppose also classes relying on burst wouldn't really fare that well on that encounter, due to the high HP.

So... Nope. Infernal Council isn't all that accurate as a meter.

They are clearly stating that the pve healing is totally fine. This is the problem with people. The Devs look at comments like that and say hey wait a second this guy doesnt have a problem so why does anyone else. What they fail to see is that easy mode pve flashpoints are not that heal intensive. PvP on the other hand is where this class totally fails. First off Hammer shot is like a big green laser pointer saying here I am!!!!!!!!!!! I am a commando healer. One hammer shot and bam you have three people all over you because you are a one trick pony in pvp. Pop shield hit some relics, drop infusion and spam medical probe because you know you are going to get interupted if you use the big heal. PVP needs to be rebalanced for this class. You will never be over 8 ammo in any WZ unless the other team is freaking horrible. Further more single target heals that hit less than 2k are useless. Most tanks are hitting for that and then some. So the race is on to keep up your target. No matter how many tricks I throw into the mix my ammo is depleted by the time my targets target is dead. Anyway THIS is the reason why we can have nice things.

They are clearly stating that the pve healing is totally fine. This is the problem with people. The Devs look at comments like that and say hey wait a second this guy doesnt have a problem so why does anyone else. What they fail to see is that easy mode pve flashpoints are not that heal intensive. PvP on the other hand is where this class totally fails. First off Hammer shot is like a big green laser pointer saying here I am!!!!!!!!!!! I am a commando healer. One hammer shot and bam you have three people all over you because you are a one trick pony in pvp. Pop shield hit some relics, drop infusion and spam medical probe because you know you are going to get interupted if you use the big heal. PVP needs to be rebalanced for this class. You will never be over 8 ammo in any WZ unless the other team is freaking horrible. Further more single target heals that hit less than 2k are useless. Most tanks are hitting for that and then some. So the race is on to keep up your target. No matter how many tricks I throw into the mix my ammo is depleted by the time my targets target is dead. Anyway THIS is the reason why we can have nice things.

like i said before pvp for commando is bad but pve is fun if i were you if you enjoy pvp do something elsefor pvp until they fix it if thats all that you want to play and pve operations is heal intensive go run a hardmode or nightmare run its more intensive then pvp for me

Edited by rjavig