Finished with the game

Khaliro

I started playing swtor as soon as the servers came online back in December. It was a nice change from WoW. Unfortunately bioware took what could have been a good game and really screwed it up. Having played mmo's since the early day's of everquest 1, I consider myself an expert on player related thoughts to mmo's. Bioware has fallen way short in a few areas:

1: Lack of endgame content is killing the game. From a pvp perspective running the same four warzones over and over again for no reason is not endgame content. I am already fully geared, and grinding 100+ wins for one piece of warhero gear is stupid.

2: Lack of communication with the community. When bioware delayed ranked warzones in 1.2, we have yet to hear when they plan to do it etc. Bioware may believe that it is not worth their time to communicate, but they couldn't be more wrong. I am not saying the community has to be consulted before everything is implemented, but you do need to communicate to a certain extent, something blizzard has done and something bioware fails at.

3: Lack of foresight. I could forgive some issues if we were talking about 10 years ago when mmo's were still a new concept, but since then, you guys have had a lot to mimic. There is no excuse for failing to address at least some issues that have plagued other games. I.e. cross server que's etc.

Despite your best attempts at saying everything is fine with the population, even after 1.2 not many people are playing. At the peak night, my server may have 50 people in the fleet, but usually around 30. When I logged into my server in WoW two weeks ago, hundreds of people were right around the small area I was at.

My wife has canceled her account and my real life friend has canceled his. Three accounts down, which probably makes little difference to you guys, but when thousands more follow suit, it will hurt.

while i share your opinion, i still have some hope.. call me a dreamer, but i will give them a couple more months

prolly not more than that, but we will see how they react hehe.

unhappy an disappointed customer, for sure, but with some hope still.

the KotOR where damn good games. but i feel EA/Bioware took the name Star Wars built a shoddy mmo simply for the money that its title would bring. i agree finshed to bad i have 99 days left:mad:

Agree with the poster, when they pulled ranked warzones from 1.2 because they didn't start testing it until late in PTS, I realized they had their priorities messed up. They added mostly fluff in 1.2 that could have easily be done later. Their top priority should be to keep their current gamers. I have a few 50's on a dead server and there is currently no WZ pops at all.

Their current priorities should be

1. Merge dead servers

2. Ranked Warzones

3. end game content.

Adding low level content, while nice, doesn't matter to the new players since there is quite a bit to do to get to level 50. It's what happens at level 50 that is killing the population.

No comment, really. I completely agree with the post. I keep reading posts where people refer to BW saying everything is fine with server populations. Where can I find this information? I find it really hard to believe they're that clueless.

Pretty sure what they mean by, "everything is fine with the population" is that overall, everything is fine with the populations. They're just spread out and that issue has been addressed and there will be steps to fix it soon.

As someone who's studied game design, I think this MMO has done fairly well with its launch and it's content. I mean come on, look at WoW. THEY don't even release content all at once. This game is still new and unfortunately, you can't copy everything that other people have done before you. You'd have a copypasta game with no originality. So yeah. The game is buggy, people grind through levels to get to end game, and then sit there and whine about having nothing to do. Well... Newsflash, EVERY game is buggy. And if people slowed down to enjoy the content that's there, there'd be less issues with end game content. I haven't even seen end game and I've been here since January. Not one of my 8+ characters on multiple servers has reached 50.

Pretty sure what they mean by, "everything is fine with the population" is that overall, everything is fine with the populations. They're just spread out and that issue has been addressed and there will be steps to fix it soon.

As someone who's studied game design, I think this MMO has done fairly well with its launch and it's content. I mean come on, look at WoW. THEY don't even release content all at once. This game is still new and unfortunately, you can't copy everything that other people have done before you. You'd have a copypasta game with no originality. So yeah. The game is buggy, people grind through levels to get to end game, and then sit there and whine about having nothing to do. Well... Newsflash, EVERY game is buggy. And if people slowed down to enjoy the content that's there, there'd be less issues with end game content. I haven't even seen end game and I've been here since January. Not one of my 8+ characters on multiple servers has reached 50.

While I agree that copy and paste is not good but A LOT of key elements are missing such as the LFG which is a much needed feature. The "Copy and Paste" is used as an excuse lets look at this example. "You have to cut down a tree; what do you use?" An Axe? It works but everyone else is using one. Lets use a sword instead. NO, just because something is used widely doesn't make it bad. Using whats already out there is not a bad thing. I canceled my account because of how Bioware has been acting since ME3 and how they messed up. Like the post above, they don't look at what their customers want if it means bleeding something dry until EA gives up on it like Warhammer Online. This game would have faired better as an Online 4 player co op game then an MMO. It has little to no endgame content, no cross server, no real gear progression, and their Flashpoints are very dry but a few. Another thing I don't like seeing is the excuse "They need time like WoW did, they didn't have everything in till much later." To that I say bull because WoW was one of the new MMOs and was trying to find out what makes them successful. So they looked at Everquest and branched from their and no look at it. SWTOR should have been able to see what made WoW successful, along with many other MMOs, add those features, AND THEN BRANCH from there with their own direction. With all this lacking and seeing company progress the game isn't worth my time and money anymore and I resup to WoW in wait of Elder Scrolls Online.

Hello, all! We do have an existing discussion thread dedicated to talking about server population concerns. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!