Amazon Late Arrivals

Zoltess

After reading through the Grace Period forum post it appears that there are quite a few users who ordered through Amazon but are now being penalized by the requirement to have a serial number by the 22nd.

I would like to point out that the email that the customer's received from Amazon states that the pre-order code expires December 31, 2012.

"*Pre-order offer expires when product releases. Code expires December 31, 2012."

I would like to know why this message was included in the order information if it is not going to be honoured.

I was looking forward to spending Christmas holiday with my family playing SWTOR. I have family coming into town (for SWTOR party) and the Collector's Edition players are going to miss out.

Bioware should strongly consider extending the grace period until the end of December or there will be some very disappointed Collector's Edition players. Bioware is looking at losing the trust of many of their fans especially those who ordered Collector's Editions.

I find it interesting that one of their big PR campaigns was that pre-order players could play early however this is now turning into them taking away access to the game entirely after purchase. Those who have pre-ordered have 30-days of free game time - let the late subscriptions cut into that time instead of revoking access all together.

Thank you,

Very Frustrated.

I would like to point out that the email that the customer's received from Amazon states that the pre-order code expires December 31, 2012.

"*Pre-order offer expires when product releases. Code expires December 31, 2012."

That is in reference to the Pre-order code. ie you must redeam that code by the 31st or it will be invalid. That is important if you want your pre-order reward ie the color crystal. It has nothing to do with the game code nor does it infer that you could in anyway play the game til the 31st with that code

Edited by Baaddare

Are you U.S. or AUS?

I ordered through Amazon on the 5th of Dec, with release date delivery. Surprisingly they sent it out already, and I received yesterday. If you are from AUS, I'm not sure about a solution.

I am in the red zone, mine has been shipped, they are saying i will get it on the 21st. So fingers crossed.

I don't see how you translate a misleading (and misinterpreted) statement by Amazon into being Bioware's responsibility to take care of.

You misinterpreted that quote from Amazon. Look at the YEAR on your quote from Amazon. 2012. They are saying that after dec 31 2012 you can no longer enter a pre order code and get the in game bonuses. It has nothing to do with game access, that date is a year away.

I'm in AUS, bought the CE from Amazon and it's now in Australia waiting to be delivered either Monday or Tuesday. I got Priority International Shipping so that's why I get it so quickly.

I don't know what you have done in regards to your order but the grace period they have given is more than enough time to get the game if you got priority shipping in the Red Zone. If you are in the US well then you should have it by the 20th no matter what.

After reading through the Grace Period forum post it appears that there are quite a few users who ordered through Amazon but are now being penalized by the requirement to have a serial number by the 22nd.

I would like to know why this message was included in the order information if it is not going to be honoured.

I was looking forward to spending Christmas holiday with my family playing SWTOR. I have family coming into town (for SWTOR party) and the Collector's Edition players are going to miss out.

Bioware should strongly consider extending the grace period until the end of December or there will be some very disappointed Collector's Edition players. Bioware is looking at losing the trust of many of their fans especially those who ordered Collector's Editions.

I find it interesting that one of their big PR campaigns was that pre-order players could play early however this is now turning into them taking away access to the game entirely after purchase. Those who have pre-ordered have 30-days of free game time - let the late subscriptions cut into that time instead of revoking access all together.

Thank you,

Very Frustrated.

that message probably applies to the preorder crystal since that is the reward for pre-ordering