SWTOR Is Dying (No new news though really)

KalTorrak

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/05/07/star-wars-the-old-republic-lost-400000-subscribers-since-february/

Lost 400,000 people since Feb, although like I said you can tell this easily by the ghost servers that are all out there, BW released this game way to early, way to buggy and just well the pvp seems to be not only bad but getting worse, release was more balanced than it is now, the game ran better also, patches seem to be wrecking the game more than they are fixing, and people are leaving or left, oh yeah also their customer service is amoung the worst I have ever experienced.

The free month was nice but was a very minor substitute for dishing out (I bought collectors) for how much money I've spent on this game and how bad (bugs, terrible performance, ability lag, fps etc etc could go on all day) it is.

Oh there was mention in another thread about AV type warzone etc, I was thinking this would probably be in at release but now I know why, the way this game is coded and designed (and the engine it uses) this will NEVER happen, the game just cannot handle it, you have to have such a high end machine to just get WARZONES running smoothly (even then some don't just this game also, no other games, JUST this one) people with these machines also were effected just as bad as others in Illum so unfortantly if you are hoping for something like this, might as well add to the number above and leave, as you are just paying money to wait and become dissapointed down the track.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/05/07/star-wars-the-old-republic-lost-400000-subscribers-since-february/

Lost 400,000 people since Feb, although like I said you can tell this easily by the ghost servers that are all out there, BW released this game way to early, way to buggy and just well the pvp seems to be not only bad but getting worse, release was more balanced than it is now, the game ran better also, patches seem to be wrecking the game more than they are fixing, and people are leaving or left, oh yeah also their customer service is amoung the worst I have ever experienced.

The free month was nice but was a very minor substitute for dishing out (I bought collectors) for how much money I've spent on this game and how bad (bugs, terrible performance, ability lag, fps etc etc could go on all day) it is.

Oh there was mention in another thread about AV type warzone etc, I was thinking this would probably be in at release but now I know why, the way this game is coded and designed (and the engine it uses) this will NEVER happen, the game just cannot handle it, you have to have such a high end machine to just get WARZONES running smoothly (even then some don't just this game also, no other games, JUST this one) people with these machines also were effected just as bad as others in Illum so unfortantly if you are hoping for something like this, might as well add to the number above and leave, as you are just paying money to wait and become dissapointed down the track.

What's that? An MMO lost subscribers within the first months?

Tell me again how one of the only 5 MMO's to break 1,000,000 subscribers is dead/dying.

Edited by Viera

The game cost the same as any other game, YOU decided to buy the extra stuff that came with the CE, doesn't change the game's actual price.

Even if there are bugs in endgame raiding (which I haven't done, so I don't know) I have a hard time finding any game breaking bugs during leveling. Only things is sound bugging out and some small graphical issues, petty problems to say the least.

The major problem this game has is the MMO community. They were screaming "its done, release it" and then when they release it, "its not done, you should have waited another year". Sorry but I don't think that is in any way shape or form viable, economically. Yes this game has to earn the company money, or they won't be able to keep it running, fact.

Imo the game balance is fine, a little bit of fine tuning and it will be very good, I don't expect perfect, neither should you, because it won't happen.

Anyway I will check the GW2 and TSW forums, 1 month after those have been release there will most likely be a whining thread or a thousand similar to this one. Have fun jumping boat and never being satisfied because of impatience.

The game cost the same as any other game, YOU decided to buy the extra stuff that came with the CE, doesn't change the game's actual price.

Even if there are bugs in endgame raiding (which I haven't done, so I don't know) I have a hard time finding any game breaking bugs during leveling. Only things is sound bugging out and some small graphical issues, petty problems to say the least.

The major problem this game has is the MMO community. They were screaming "its done, release it" and then when they release it, "its not done, you should have waited another year". Sorry but I don't think that is in any way shape or form viable, economically. Yes this game has to earn the company money, or they won't be able to keep it running, fact.

Imo the game balance is fine, a little bit of fine tuning and it will be very good, I don't expect perfect, neither should you, because it won't happen.

Anyway I will check the GW2 and TSW forums, 1 month after those have been release there will most likely be a whining thread or a thousand similar to this one. Have fun jumping boat and never being satisfied because of impatience.

Bump this smar mans words.