Squishy?

Panteleone

I've only started playing a marauder and have risen to level 18 w/carnage spec. Vette's my only companion so I use her exclusively. My first impression is that I'm a lot more squishy than I expected. After your average trash group of four normal mobs (or a normal or two with a silver) I find I have to channel rage after every group because I'm at half or even less health. Maybe it's because I just finished leveling a tanky Vanguard to 50 but that seems awfully squishy.

Also, I read on this forum that Anni spec is best for PvE but also that Anni spec DPS ramps up. I think there should be a distinction made between PvE endgame and PvE solo questing. Most of the latter are small groups of trash mobs and being as squishy as I am I would think a spec that has damage ramp up is sub-optimal. These fights last mere seconds and a ramp up for DPS would only highlight the aforementioned squishiness.

Or am I doing it wrong? I admit, I'm experienced just not expert. My gear is on par with my level so it's not gear.

Edited by Panteleone

You're a level 18 medium armor wearing dps class that's missing the majority of his skills at such an early level...

How could you not feel squishy?

Anyways..it gets better as you get more skills etc..early levels for marauders can feel tough because the class by design is a late bloomer.

Edited by Foxcolt

Anni is quite good for leveling actually. Once you hit level 20 you get deadly saber, and with points in hungering your dot crits will heal you. Might not seem like a lot, but believe me, it makes a difference! Also, don't be afraid to fight with saber ward instead of using it as an oh snap button. Cloak of pain as often as possible too.

Also, the only dmg ramp up you have before getting annihilate at 40 is 5 globals to stack juyo form, which is a 10% dmg increase.

Edited by CaptainBarbosa

You're 18, and only a quest away from getting your healing companion.

Yes, you are squishy, but only if you play him like he is, if you play your Marauder like he's (she) is a bloodthirst beast, you will be almost invincible, especially when you have your healing companion.

Play whichever spec you like best, but I encourage to try out all 3, and in my opinion Annihilation is best, by far.

After you get Quin and at the same time get some more skills (defensive and otherwise) you will notice you will rip through packs in no time.

I favor using the Quinn (healing), but that's a playstyle thing -- and it makes it possible to just keep going and going etc through packs. I do play anni, so I got some small side healing going on. But the point is, you will get some nice dmg abilities and importantly defensive abilities. They are on a short CD, so if you run into a group .. there is no harm popping defensive abilities. Even more so, it's a big part of playing a Marauder.

We got a good number of defensive CD's and as an example, COP is a really forgiving ability to use when engaging a "fresh" big group (it can keep going for 30 secs!) and using obfuscate on a silver or gold will make you move forward at a nice rate and limiting the amount of dmg you take.

Keep going, and this goes for most classes, 20-25+ is when you start get "rolling" and having a somewhat more complete skill set to use.

Edited by SinnedQWERTY