armstech orange gear

AstarielleUK

Hi

A question for Armstech crafters: When I was levelling I collected a large range of orange blasters, including ones I found on the GTN. Since the augments system has come in I see only 2 types of augmented gear on GTN

• Custom-built [blaster]
  • Elegant Modified [blaster]

And this is across all the weapon types and I don't think I saw them before 1.2. Are these the only ones on the GTN because they are actually the only 2 types of weapon that can be augmented, or are others possible but those are merely the easiest/economical?

If it's the former, that's really sad as everyone will eventually just be using 2 models and look the same. If it's the latter, any ideas as to how to get other blaster types crafted?

Thanks

Asta

There are other orange models available. They can be bought from the Armstech trainer, and require 400 skill to craft. HOWEVER these require Biometric Alloys to craft, and with the nerfed droprate of these they have become very expensive to make.

Before 1.2 we didn't have anything else, so people made them, after 1.2 we now have much cheaper options so no one makes them anymore. Unless someone desperately desires a different skin.

To add more detail to this, pre 1.2, we could crit any weapon for an augment slot. We even had orange options at lvl 50 that needed biometric crystals.

Post 1.2, as you noted, there are 2 options and once you get one, it's good until end game. (This I'm not a fan of as a crafter.)

However, it's PROBABLY cheaper to just buy a new crafted weapon every few levels compared to getting the mods for an orange weapon. Orange is great for endgame....pricey to get and maintain early on.

Swijr