Fix the AoE targetting reticle please

Skireen

Make it so you can not extend the reticle for aoe abilites AND the Huttball beyond its maximum range. It can be done. They did it in WAR asap after launch. If you want to log into my WAR account to see how it work Ill hook you up Devs. But its absolute ******** trying to use an aoe ability over rough terrain. Try passing the ball up during a match and you spend more time trying to find the sweet spot to pass it without it being out of range then you do playing.

Should be a pretty easy fix. Make it happen.

Actually, surprisingly, I hadn't thought about this. If I understand you right, you mean that if you place your cursor further than the maximum range and click, it still fires the ability at the maximum range in the direction to are pointing at, right? That would be an excellent change. It is rather frustrating trying to target at times with AoE abilities. I'd think they would implement this at some point, though I wouldn't be so certain it is an easy change, it depends on how their system is set up. It could possibly be a very complex change that has wide reaching effects if not handled very carefully.

Actually, surprisingly, I hadn't thought about this. If I understand you right, you mean that if you place your cursor further than the maximum range and click, it still fires the ability at the maximum range in the direction to are pointing at, right? That would be an excellent change. It is rather frustrating trying to target at times with AoE abilities. I'd think they would implement this at some point, though I wouldn't be so certain it is an easy change, it depends on how their system is set up. It could possibly be a very complex change that has wide reaching effects if not handled very carefully.

Thats basically what Im talking about. Also, the cursor/reticle "flows" over the terrain way more smoothly, not getting stuck and hung uip on every two inch change in elevation. I assure you, its NOT a complicated design fix. I would not be a bit heart broken if they stopped forcing huge wads of cash into voice actors wallets and instead, re-directed $7.34 worth of funds into fixing the aoe target reticle.

Lol, not a single comment. So everybody else is cool with a busted *** aoe targetting reticle huh? I freakin doubt it.

When most folks are able to continue to have success with it, then it is certainly not busted. Is it optimal? No. Still, not busted either.

I'm curious how/why you are so certain it is not a complicated fix or how you could even project how much it would cost to fix it. Unless you are a core member of the dev team, I highly doubt you could possibly be so certain, unless you have some sort of crystal ball that shows you the solutions to every problem in existence. But please, enlighten those of us who don't have the fine details of SWTOR systems design and implementation.

Really, I'm not just saying it to be sarcastic (though I might have been a little), I'm curious how you can know with certainty that it is a simple $7.34 fix. If you do, it would strengthen your argument if you shared that knowledge. If you don't, then you should consider being more honest about it and not trying to sound like you know better than the people who actually know how it works. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Since this is not a bug and is working as intended, you should probably post in the Suggestion Box and ask to have this nice new feature added to AoE and Huttball reticles. You will get more traction that way. Edited by JerokTalram

I'm curious how/why you are so certain it is not a complicated fix or how you could even project how much it would cost to fix it. Unless you are a core member of the dev team, I highly doubt you could possibly be so certain, unless you have some sort of crystal ball that shows you the solutions to every problem in existence. But please, enlighten those of us who don't have the fine details of SWTOR systems design and implementation.

Really, I'm not just saying it to be sarcastic (though I might have been a little), I'm curious how you can know with certainty that it is a simple $7.34 fix. If you do, it would strengthen your argument if you shared that knowledge. If you don't, then you should consider being more honest about it and not trying to sound like you know better than the people who actually know how it works. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm. However, putting a distance limiter on an aoe reticle is in the same lines of reducing the area of effect of the abilities damage. And they are more than happy to shrink down the area of an area of effect like they did to mortar volley.

I'd rather they just got rid of "target area" abilities and changed them to AoE around your current target.

Excellent suggestion. The ability could stay greyed out untill the target is in range. Only issue I see is sometimes I like to start my volley ahead of a gang of mobs coming.