The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Flame burst spam build

So I want to use this build for pvp:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsrrobskzZfhbbdb.1

0/24/17

I was just wondering if it's been tried and tested. Right now my character is in recruit gear so that's the less fun part at the moment, nonetheless I like this build for its crits and heat management. In a good situation, I can stay on the low end of heat while spamming flame burst, retractable blade and rocket punch so that they crit.

Is there also a set rotation? Either I'll try to make them bleed right away with incendiary missile or I'll pull them in for a rocket punch then make them bleed with the retractable blade.

Another point for heat management was that since there are so many stuns in WZs I figured I could spec the vent heat when stunned skill just to get that extra little bit.

Thoughts or concerns? Thanks!

So I want to use this build for pvp:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsrrobskzZfhbbdb.1

0/24/17

Thoughts or concerns? Thanks!

I would definitely take the point out of PFT and place it in PPA to cap it, and I would think about moving the two points from Advanced Tools to Prototype Electro Surge.

Since you built an AP hybrid that uses CGC, you don't have a static rotation. Your attacks are based on a priority rotation. Your spec is very much more situational and to squeeze the most out of it, you'd have to be very aware of your procs and CD's.

But, with this weird spec, you could open with a RB, use FB and hopefully by then your RS crit would proc from Charged Gauntlets and you could use RS. Then another FB for a chance at a free RP to throttle Heat use for a second. If not, you're going to have to either Vent Heat after your next RS procs, use TSO before activating your RS from proc, or weave a couple Rapid Shots between some abilities.

I would definitely take the point out of PFT and place it in PPA to cap it, and I would think about moving the two points from Advanced Tools to Prototype Electro Surge.

Since you built an AP hybrid that uses CGC, you don't have a static rotation. Your attacks are based on a priority rotation. Your spec is very much more situational and to squeeze the most out of it, you'd have to be very aware of your procs and CD's.

But, with this weird spec, you could open with a RB, use FB and hopefully by then your RS crit would proc from Charged Gauntlets and you could use RS. Then another FB for a chance at a free RP to throttle Heat use for a second. If not, you're going to have to either Vent Heat after your next RS procs, use TSO before activating your RS from proc, or weave a couple Rapid Shots between some abilities.

PPA will only proc when Combustible Gas Cylinder is active. Aside from that, why you would make a "flame burst" build without taking 3/3 in Intimidation (tier 1 Shield tech tree - 6% dmg boost to fire effects) is beyond me. The only ability that would remotely give enough heat management to enable spamming flame burst, is Prototype Cylinder Ventilation - which requires High Energy Gas cylinder to be active.

Oddly enough, I've seen my free railshot buff diseappear when the charged gaunlets becomes available to use.

The reason I put one in pft and not all ppa is because of pre 1.2. Since there is a 6 second cool down, I could use the flame burst for other things. And it becomes uniteruptable too which is nice.

If I'd had more points, I'd certainly use Intimidation. But using HEGC and prototype cyclinder ventilation would be a good idea, especially if I were to use it with pneumatic boots. With the procs I'm getting from being in CGS makes it negeligable to manage at times.

PPA will only proc when Combustible Gas Cylinder is active.

Not sure why you quoted me when you said that because...

Since you built an AP hybrid that uses CGC, you don't have a static rotation.

Just tested out this build on Hard mode black talon. And while I did pull aggro on occasion (not enough to be bad though), it did perform quite well. I did end up with heat problems after a prolonged fight with the bonus robot, but we as a whole were taking too long to kill him (he did enrage).

It's still a little difficult to test this build because I'm only wearing recruit gear, and already a Maurader 3 hit me... Kind of discouraging.