I think I might be leaving, guys.

Brosephiine

Forums do not make a community, people make communities. If you want better forums then post mature, interesting topics and ignore the trolls.

You will always find complainers on your forums and some even write very good articles however most are just angry kids trolling

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been around since the game was released pretty much. Been posting on and off on the forums since I got the game and I'm sadly disappointed. Perhaps I'm not finding those golden kernel threads where there's a good community and all that, but the forums are just filled to bursting with people doing almost nothing but complaining. And any time you say anything in disagreement, you're a "fanboi" who doesn't know anything about game development (even though I majored in game design at some point in the past.)

Honestly, the community (or lack there of) has made the forums nothing but a headache. :<

Someone please convince me that there's hope, I wanna see an actual community! And so far it's just been the facts about girls thread that's had any luck in that department. :<

(D+ for complaining about complaining? :p )

(F for grammar fail in the thread title.)

Not leaving fast enough. Must leave faster so your threads don't post.

It could be accurate though. I mean, it certainly makes sense.

And I agree, BW does a good job on the forums.

Though I'm not fond of this new site look. >_>

It's kind of bulky.

Me too. Especially the whole 'community news' at the forum section menu.

Why leave now?

I just (finally, yes) got the game and I'm having a blast so far.

Totally not leaving the game. :]

Although I haven't been able to play so much lately.

All my settings are on low and it was running fine. Then I hit Alderaan and now EVERYTHING lags on EVERY toon. x_x I dunno what changed, but the game is getting pretty annoying to play.

Me too. Especially the whole 'community news' at the forum section menu.

I don't like how they increased the size of pretty much everything.

I'm using a large monitor and it's still annoying.

Totally not leaving the game. :]

Although I haven't been able to play so much lately.

All my settings are on low and it was running fine. Then I hit Alderaan and now EVERYTHING lags on EVERY toon. x_x I dunno what changed, but the game is getting pretty annoying to play.

Turn down screen resolution. Worked for me until my PC went up in smoke.

I don't like how they increased the size of pretty much everything.

I'm using a large monitor and it's still annoying.

True, though it is even larger on the Bioware Social forum if you would believe that. The fact I have to scroll down a whole page(!) to view all the threads does annoy me a little.

Turn down screen resolution. Worked for me until my PC went up in smoke.

True, though it is even larger on the Bioware Social forum if you would believe that. The fact I have to scroll down a whole page(!) to view all the threads does annoy me a little.

Ooo, that's a good idea. : D

Thanks for the suggestion. :]

Ugh, do they think they're catering to old people who can't read the screen? D: Large and bulky = bad news, unless the site is geared towards the elderly lol.

Ooo, that's a good idea. : D

Thanks for the suggestion. :]

Ugh, do they think they're catering to old people who can't read the screen? D: Large and bulky = bad news, unless the site is geared towards the elderly lol.

You're welcome! And well. I guess some web designer thought this was a good choice and that fellow was obviously dead wrong. :rolleyes:

You're welcome! And well. I guess some web designer thought this was a good choice and that fellow was obviously dead wrong. :rolleyes:

Resolution actually helped a great deal. I have to play in windowed mode though, and not full screen windowed mode either. D:

Maybe people will stop loading as black shadow people in cinematics now. o.o Shadow Person Mako is kind of scary.

Resolution actually helped a great deal. I have to play in windowed mode though, and not full screen windowed mode either. D:

Maybe people will stop loading as black shadow people in cinematics now. o.o Shadow Person Mako is kind of scary.

Try shadow Vette. <.< And I cannot say for certain if it will or not, but at least the game is playable now I hope! :)

Try shadow Vette. <.< And I cannot say for certain if it will or not, but at least the game is playable now I hope! :)

Oh God that's worse than Mako! D:

My friend has Vette, so I've seen it lol.

Haven't played today, maybe later. :]

Been around since the game was released pretty much. Been posting on and off on the forums since I got the game and I'm sadly disappointed. Perhaps I'm not finding those golden kernel threads where there's a good community and all that, but the forums are just filled to bursting with people doing almost nothing but complaining. And any time you say anything in disagreement, you're a "fanboi" who doesn't know anything about game development (even though I majored in game design at some point in the past.)

Honestly, the community (or lack there of) has made the forums nothing but a headache. :<

Someone please convince me that there's hope, I wanna see an actual community! And so far it's just been the facts about girls thread that's had any luck in that department. :<

(D+ for complaining about complaining? :p )

(F for grammar fail in the thread title.)

The real community is in-game because the real community is playing the game and not vegging in the forums.

Oh look, another stupid blogger. "Why XXX Will Fail" is the stupidest phrase one can possibly write on the internet when discussing a game that has yet to even be fully previewed. That's a phrase best left to thirteen year old sociopaths on Xbox Live, not for a piece of writing one assumes the author hopes readers will respect even just a little bit. I'm surprised the author didn't include homophobic slurs and anti-Semitic remarks to describe things that he thinks are "totally lame, broseph."

Oh look, another stupid blogger. "Why XXX Will Fail" is the stupidest phrase one can possibly write on the internet when discussing a game that has yet to even be fully previewed. That's a phrase best left to thirteen year old sociopaths on Xbox Live, not for a piece of writing one assumes the author hopes readers will respect even just a little bit. I'm surprised the author didn't include homophobic slurs and anti-Semitic remarks to describe things that he thinks are "totally lame, broseph."
Hehe ... I agree completely. Too bad similar blogs predicting failure for SWTOR aren't met with equal incredulity. ;) Edited by GalacticKegger

Dude, they make those just because they know those idiots reply to them. Elder Scroll Online is going to be MASSIVE. Who ever is running that site is getting rich. ;)
Good for them. I personally make it a habit of not following the herd. They can have it. I may play it if it actually works on XBox because my kids & grand kids play XBox. But for the PC? Multiplayer RPG console ports have a tendency to not translate well to the PC platform ... think Dungeon Siege. I may play ESO but not at the expense of SWTOR.