doing GREAT at 40 with TSM <50 pvp

I thought i would drop by and share about my success as arsenal spec merc in 1-49 pvp bracket.

had above average success before 40 without TSM and usually being top 3 damage overall. Merc has its limitations with mobility sure but theres a reason for that. TSM is hitting hard for me. I've finally had over a 3k crit and its from TSM.

I'm in full lvl 40 pvp honor gear, switched some of the alacrity mods out for surge. this has helped alot. alacrity is just .. lame

tracer missle is only really used to stack up buffs as its not a heavy hitter. TSM is my biggest hitter now. throwing that in with rail shot, unload, tracer missle x2, electro missle and i can wipe off 10k damage in 6 cgds . All the while using minimal heat because of hard casting tracer. 2 scenarios play out at this point, either you have to kite or u get to turret.

IMO arsenal merc is in a GOOD SPOT for both pve and pvp. It's just a more difficult class to play. This is all from the standpoint of <50 wz's and nobody having expertise.

Of course you are doing well in the lowbie bracket. You are in the 40's. Any class will do well when you are in the 40's. Get back to us when you get in the 50's bracket. You cannot make any conclusions in lowbie pvp.

Of course you are doing well in the lowbie bracket. You are in the 40's. Any class will do well when you are in the 40's. Get back to us when you get in the 50's bracket. You cannot make any conclusions in lowbie pvp.

That's rather dismissive.

That's rather dismissive.

But unfortunately it's also true. By the time you're in your 40s doing pre-50 PvP you should be a top player because you are (or should be) better geared, have more abilities and higher level versions of abilities, and better specced towards your particular playstyle. Aside from gearing, these are non-existent differences at 50 and therefore you can more accurately gauge the performance of a class in the hands of average players.

It's like people posting one screenshot of them doing extremely well in one PvP match and exclaiming it's par for the class.

PvP starts at 50, 1-49 doesn't matter.

Like 50 pvp matters? lol, I see this all around the forums and really.. is there ranked WZ in yet? Nope.

OT: Arsenal merc in 1-49 is awesom. I roll in legacy gear with up-to-date mods and i break 300k sometimes and usally dont ever die (especially in huttball) with the 2 knockbacks i have and selfheals+bubble.

Like 50 pvp matters? lol, I see this all around the forums and really.. is there ranked WZ in yet? Nope.

OT: Arsenal merc in 1-49 is awesom. I roll in legacy gear with up-to-date mods and i break 300k sometimes and usally dont ever die (especially in huttball) with the 2 knockbacks i have and selfheals+bubble.

we just explained why it matters, this is a L2R issue

It matters because your spec and rotation won't be complete until you hit 50, so from a balancing point of view for developers pre-50 does not come into the equation.

And frankly, if you're doing "awesom" with an Arsenal-spec Merc in sub-50 PvP that speaks more to the calibre of your opponents than your personal skill. Any class with an interrupt (everyone but another Merc) is able to shut down any of your channel abilities on an 8-second basis. DPS Sorcs, Snipers and their mirrors can not only shut you down from range rendering your two knockbacks worthless but have higher and more efficient DPS rotations. Melee classes can pushback your channels long enough to ensure what little DPS you output is marginal at best, and that is ignoring the standard approach of stealth, stun and burn for a quick kill.

In PvP currently the only way for an Arsenal Merc to be effective is to park yourself away from the combat and DPS in, hoping that no other class pays attention to you long enough to do any of the above. Huttball is about the only PvP environment where we specifically have a terrain advantage that lets us do that, which is why obviously you perform best in Huttball (where having the Highest DPS should not be your most immediate concern).

you only really need 4 stacks of heat signature for hsm and rail shot to hit hard. not as hard as they probly need to be with 4 or 5 stack signatures but they are instant casts. they are what i depend on to kill someone most of the time.