Star Wars: Battlefront III, cancelled even though it was finished.

I read the entire interview on Eurogamer, and it just doesn't add up. Read it here, it's a good read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

The developer claims a bunch of new suits came in and torpedo'd a close to finished product for no reason... at least the developer gives no real reason. My first reaction is to side with the developer, but none of it makes sense.

My only thought is that Lucas Arts simply didn't think there was enough money to be made with Battlefront 3 as a PC exclusive. Pirating was growing fast in 2008, and the economy was crashing.

My guess is if we do see a Battlefront 3, it will be a cross-platform title, for X-Box, PS3, Wii-U, and PC.

And I too loved Battlefront 2.

Here is more info regarding that. http://kotaku.com/5907686/psychopaths-at-lucasarts-led-to-cancellation-of-star-wars-battlefront-iii-former-studio-exec-says

My only thought is that Lucas Arts simply didn't think there was enough money to be made with Battlefront 3 as a PC exclusive. Pirating was growing fast in 2008, and the economy was crashing.

My guess? It wasn't Star Wars-y and Iconic enough.

I read the entire interview on Eurogamer, and it just doesn't add up. Read it here, it's a good read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

The developer claims a bunch of new suits came in and torpedo'd a close to finished product for no reason... at least the developer gives no real reason. My first reaction is to side with the developer, but none of it makes sense.

My guess is if we do see a Battlefront 3, it will be a cross-platform title, for X-Box, PS3, Wii-U, and PC.

And I too loved Battlefront 2.

The pre-Alpha footage is done with an Xbox 360 based upon the controls. http://ptoponline.com/?m=201204&paged=3

Edited by Tuscad

Sooooo Battlefront 3 is never coming out? RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Seriously though this does displease me considering the games were amazing and now with online capabilities being what they are they could seriously make something ridiculously amazing. We should find a way to change this because I've been wanting BFIII since the 2nd one died on PS2.

Sooooo Battlefront 3 is never coming out? RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Seriously though this does displease me considering the games were amazing and now with online capabilities being what they are they could seriously make something ridiculously amazing. We should find a way to change this because I've been wanting BFIII since the 2nd one died on PS2.

We should organize and occupy LucasArts.

If BFIII was near ready for the shelves, it would have gotten there. From what I've seen, a very early version of gameplay and maps had been made, yet there was absolutely no polish and with few unique models, textures, or sound for things.

If BFIII was near ready for the shelves, it would have gotten there. From what I've seen, a very early version of gameplay and maps had been made, yet there was absolutely no polish and with few unique models, textures, or sound for things.

Those are the last things to be worked on in any game.

I have a PC and I must say...the Mods for Battlefront II....Really help cope with the fact that we don't have a Battlefront III. In fact some of these mods really have me thinking that they are better than what LucasArts would have put on the shelves anyway. The Ultimate Clone Wars Mod is Amazing Along with the Dark Times Mod.

UCW is basically imo how you can implement elements from the Current Series (The Clone Wars) and a little from the Genndy Taratovsky Series Into a Battlefront Game and not entirely sell out and degrade the game for the sake of tying into the Show. It doesn't go all the way with the same Art Style but it gives you elements like Certain Troop Battalions and Units from both shows, like the Commando Droid. The Commando Droid even has the ability to disguise itself as the Clonetroopers and wreck havoc behind Enemy Lines.

There was a time where a new Star Wars game was eagerly looked forward too

Im really surprised they havent done more with series like BF, and JK

TFU was okay, but lack of Multiplayer and short game time really hurt it

Im surprised LA hasnt cashed in on a CoD MW/BF style game in recent years, or a GTA style game either

I apologise for your visual dislikes but I have debated with plenty of people who have made no such statement, also, I don't think my font colour really matters, I like Purple, I have purple text, who really cares? and more importantly, what business is it of your's?

Got to say, whenever I read your posts they usually seem interesting and valid, but the purple font is... Annoying.

I get that you like purple, but is disinclines people to want to read what you're saying because A) it's damned hard on the eyes to read against a black background and B) you look to be... trying to be different? idk.

Edited by QuiQuaeQuod

Got to say, whenever I read your posts they usually seem interesting and valid, but the purple font is... Annoying.

It's damned hard on the eyes to read against a black background

^ This, but we still love you Rayla and your posts are always worth suffering through the purple text.