Commando War Hero Gear

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't see a discussion about this. This may be the case with other AC / specs, but I found the stats on the Commando medic gear to be almost nonsensical for pvp.

First, we lose aim upgrading from bm to wh. We get a primary stat loss when "upgrading".

Second, we lose large amounts of crit in exchange from power. I don't recal the exact amount of lose, but when I looked at the items I didn't have (I had the chest and I think gloves at the time) I would take an overall ~205 crit rating lose switching all my bm gear for wh gear. I would gain some power, but I didn't figure exactly how much.

The problem with losing crit in exchange for power is that crit should be your primary stat for pvp. Power definitely increase your base healing power, and is great for sustained healing, like pve. But in situations where you are getting FF and really should not be getting off sustained healing, you want to hit for as hard as you can as fast as you can, i.e., you want to crit as often as possible. This leads into the third problem, loss of alacrity.

Third, I'm not entirely sure (please let me know if this is not the case) but it seems like we lose alacrity going from bm to wh. I know a lot of people don't really like alacrity (decreases ammo regeneration when spamming heals), but I found when used correctly (in conjunction with HS to mitigate the decreased rates of ammo regeneration) alacrity is a key stat for pvp. Basically, as I mentioned before, in intense situations you want to get off as many heals as fast as you can, that is, you want to crit and be able to cast before you get interrupted. By having a lot of alacrity, you may not regenerate ammo as quickly, but this is because you are healing more often. The way I see it, getting a heal off is better than not.

So, why do we lose aim, crit, and (probably) alacrity when "upgrading" to WH from BM?

can you pull the mods from BM before you turn them in to upgrade to WH..

Then mix and match mods for your combat medic augmented gear upgrade.

Also having the augment slot, could you just use a relex mod to increase your AIM and endurance again

can you pull the mods from BM before you turn them in to upgrade to WH..

Then mix and match mods for your combat medic augmented gear upgrade.

Also having the augment slot, could you just use a relex mod to increase your AIM and endurance again

I'm going to try the saving the BM mods, but even if that works, I don't think it will leave me with any sort of upgrade afterwards, and it wont work for sure with implants and earpieces. The augment slots do help, but I don't think they will overcome the loss of crit rating and I'm kind of curious what other people think about it and why they would design the set like this.

you get more expertise which more than makes up for the drop in main stat.

i think they designed it this way so that people don't grind really high in PVP and then just go do difficult PVE content without spending much time in there (and vice-versa)

"Noticeable" changes for a healer if you go from BM to WH:

Bonus healing 443 --> 470

Crit chace 32.53% --> 30.58%

Surge rating 71.57% --> 71.78%

Activation speed 13.53% --> 13.73%

Health 16998 --> 17394

Damage reduction 34.74% --> 35.16%

Expertise healing boost 12.83 --> 13.20%

This is without belt/bracers because I will custom mod those and without augments calculated into them, but it is with the optimal gear selection (implants/ear piece)

you said this includes the implants and ear piece, does it include main hand and off hand weapons as well? i think you lose crit on both of those.

in any case, I'm curious what everyone thinks about the exchange of crit for power on pvp gear

So while in game I compared the BM to WH pieces. Focusing on Crit, Aim, Power, and Alacrity, I found that you lose 193 Crit, 24 Aim while gaining 221 Power and 65 Alacrity

I'm I the only one who sees a problem with losing crit and aim on "upgrade" pieces? Power, Hp, and expertise are all nice, expertise especially for doing dmg, but what I really need to heal is aim and crit. I can see a marginal upgrade from BM, but this is a reversal of stat priority on gear, any ideas why?

Edited by HomelessJoe

You were right on the offhand piece. I did not take that because I lose both crit and surge on it while gaining alacrity which is already min-maxed before it. 100 hp and 0.2% expertise healing increase did not seem worth it until I can swap out some mods from other pieces to get more crit and less alacrity.

So that would be with BM: offhand, belt, bracers and relics. All in all, I think what WH brings if you fine tune 2 pieces + bracer/belts combo is a small boost to everything but a considerable boost to healing power and endurance.

Is it going to be worth the grind? Not for me, I'll get there when I get there.

This is my end goal atm (you can calculate in 6 x (18 aim and 12 endurance) augs for the final result): Click

Basically like I said earlier too: minor boost to everything with bigger gains to endurance and healing/damage bonus.

Edited by Easpeak

I'm I the only one who sees a problem with losing crit and aim on "upgrade" pieces? Power, Hp, and expertise are all nice, expertise especially for doing dmg, but what I really need to heal is aim and crit. I can see a marginal upgrade from BM, but this is a reversal of stat priority on gear, any ideas why?

They moved them around in the gear pieces, but if you add in the augments you will net out the same amount of crit but more raw power. It's just that it takes effin long to grind and the gain is minimal: in my case 30 more healing and 1500 more HP.

They moved them around in the gear pieces, but if you add in the augments you will net out the same amount of crit but more raw power. It's just that it takes effin long to grind and the gain is minimal: in my case 30 more healing and 1500 more HP.

how do you get the same amount of crit? with 6 reflex augments you get a net gain of 84 aim. Is that enough to make up for the loss of 193 crit rating? it's not right? The minimal upgrades on some stats is nice, my problem is trying to understand why we lose so much crit in exchange for power when crit should have priority over power for pvp. Hell, doesn't power have diminishing returns on it as well? so stacking straight power past a certain point doesn't even make sense. And, I'll have to double check, but there is not crit relic either, is there? Why the hell are we losing aim (forcing people to get augmented gear to compensate) and crit when upgrading even though they are our main stats for pvp? *** are people thinking? It's like they didn't think medics were nerfed enough, let's have them lose essential stats if they upgrade to the new armor....

I get the same because I won't use the WH offhand and instead of WH belt and bracers I will use Legacy ones with +37 crit mods (+ a few more points of expertise than default WH) in them. Also the 6 augs will give me 108 to aim.

BM gear will give me:

1358.1 aim

428 crit

My selection of WH:

1394 + 108 = 1502

412 crit

Edited by Easpeak