The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Intimidation or Rail Loaders maxed?

My build is a 31 pryo, 7 Advanced Proto, 3 Shield tech build.

Now, I know most people go with 3 in Intimidation, but I decided to put 2 into Rail Loaders and 1 into Intimidation because they both seem percent based, but I use rail shot alot and it seems to make sense for pvp to get the most out the skill that does the most damage burst wise.

Am I totally missing the point on Intimidation? Does it effect other parts of the Pyro tree that I just am not seeing?

Your thoughts?

My build is a 31 pryo, 7 Advanced Proto, 3 Shield tech build.

Now, I know most people go with 3 in Intimidation, but I decided to put 2 into Rail Loaders and 1 into Intimidation because they both seem percent based, but I use rail shot alot and it seems to make sense for pvp to get the most out the skill that does the most damage burst wise.

Am I totally missing the point on ? Does it effect other parts of the Pyro tree that I just am not seeing?

Your thoughts?

Intimidation is there for people who roll AP more than Pyro. My reasoning is that Immolate and Flamethrower hit a lot harder and bring AP toons closer inline with Pyro damage overall. Pyro has better burst damage but AP wins the long fights due to heat. Either way go full Intimidation. You use more fire abilities than railshot. RS is a waiting game where as Flameburst is there all the time.

If you roll premades with healers that are capable of keeping you up take AP all the way up with Intimidation. If you tend to pug more or have ok healers and great DPSers, take Pyro tree,

Edited by Jundi

Pyro, with 18sec Energy Shield on a 50-60sec CD (energy rebounder), I opt for Combust and Rail Loaders. I win 9 out of 10 encounters against marau/Sent on 1vs1. I honestly feel a pyro that tries my setup will have a hard time going back to the 15% crit bonus.

PS. Jundi, with all due respect, and while AP has some advantages, but it still never wins over Pyro in dps, even in long fights. The difference however is not a game breaker.

Edited by Agooz

Pyro, with 18sec Energy Shield on a 50-60sec CD (energy rebounder), I opt for Combust and Rail Loaders. I win 9 out of 10 encounters against marau/Sent on 1vs1. I honestly feel a pyro that tries my setup will have a hard time going back to the 15% crit bonus.

PS. Jundi, with all due respect, and while AP has some advantages, but it still never wins over Pyro in dps, even in long fights. The difference however is not a game breaker.

Nope not a game breaker, however I missed AP when facing premade teams that were healer heavy and heat was a serious issue thanks to 1.2

Keep up the work man a lot of pyros look for the input and research you put forth.

-Jundi