Need Help with Game System Requirements

The Computer System requirements for the game

CPU:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core or better

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB

NOTE: 2GB if your computer uses on-board graphics processing.

Windows Vista/Windows 7: 2GB

Video Card:

ATI X1800 or better

nVidia 7800 or better

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM:

8X or better

I have a single core computer with a current processor being a AMD Athlon 3800+

Should I buy a dual core athlon X2 which will work with my motherboard?

Should I purchase a AMD FX 4100 4-Core Processor?

Do I need a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core or better

AND A

or is it one or the other?

my graphics card is great, I just need to pick up some memory and one or both of these? im not sure.. please help me and clarify what I need to do to update this tower

The person who sold me the comp says the motherboard in it can have a upgraded Dual core athlon x64 x 2

The only ram I need for game requirements is 2GB for Windows 7 right? wont that be fine? the Motherboard is good up to 4GB

The person who sold me the comp says the motherboard in it can have a upgraded Dual core athlon x64 x 2

The only ram I need for game requirements is 2GB for Windows 7 right? wont that be fine? the Motherboard is good up to 4GB

You want a min of 4 gb of ram for Windows 7. And even with the meeting the min specs for the game, you may be disappointed in the performance. I would suggest getting a new computer with a quad core cpu as min. Maybe then you can use your good video card in the new computer. Just make sure the new computer has a powersupply and video card slot to handle the new video card.

Edited by Valkirus

My system has a dual-core Athlon and 4G of memory, Win XP. My wife's has a dual-core Pentium, Win 7, and 8 G.

The game runs just fine on both of these.

What motherboard do you have? We could give you more help if we knew. You can download "Belarc Advisor" for free and it will give you complete data on your system, if you don't know.

Newegg has great prices. I updated my motherboard, processor, RAM, and video card for under $250.

The Computer System requirements for the game

CPU:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core or better

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB

NOTE: 2GB if your computer uses on-board graphics processing.

Windows Vista/Windows 7: 2GB

Video Card:

ATI X1800 or better

nVidia 7800 or better

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM:

8X or better

I have a single core computer with a current processor being a AMD Athlon 3800+

Should I buy a dual core athlon X2 which will work with my motherboard?

Should I purchase a AMD FX 4100 4-Core Processor?

Do I need a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core or better

AND A

or is it one or the other?

my graphics card is great, I just need to pick up some memory and one or both of these? im not sure.. please help me and clarify what I need to do to update this tower

If you really want the rifles and gadgets computer set up you should go with:

1.Ivy bridge i7 and gaming MB (Asus and EVGA make good ones)

2. Liquid cooling (the Corsair one for $120.00 U.S. looks good)

3. GTX 680

4. SATA III SSD, at least 128GB (because operation system matters too, and you could save GB by disabling hibernation and setting virtual memory to 0).

5. Corsair or Seasonic PSU

6. Good RAM

Because it's better to have the extra power and not need it than to not have it and need it (in case you do want a game that needs it)

However, you won't need all that for SWTOR, I have an i7 950 and GTX 560 Ti and run the game on max settings just fine (and even with a SATA III SSD I still experience very long loading screens :( )

If you care about price I'd go with an i3 or i5 Ivy bridge and compatible MB (or their equivalents from AMD) since they're out now.

• 3 months later...