The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield Tec PvP ?

Cempa

Well you can do damage but it's more due to your Uptime (since you can be pretty tough to take down with a pocket healer, and your 3 interrupts; standard, grapple peel and charge.

It's also fairly hard for the enemy to pin you down since you just keep on rocket charging away , and still finish that healer down with gun spam, while kiting their melee groups right into the KILL Zone of your team..

My play style with the ST build is full dps gear and peel for our healers and causing havoc much like

a human wrecking ball, much target switching and focusing on "burning" down low hp targets. but first and foremost kill healers and interrupting their castbars.

With the rocket charge (especially useful on the small skirmishes that happens around nodes) you can also tag team your teams primary DPSer and really focus down targets doing your thing as "pocket dps melee//range hybrid" back up. Jump on that target your sorc friend is working on and watch it melt.

Likely yes IMO. Most of your tanking ability comes from using IGC and some of that is negated by unavoidable damage anyways ... it would be interesting to optimize your damage in PVP with gear while keeping your marginally functional tanking specs in talents and IGC.

definitely yes.

~3k RP crits which reset quite often with an ED and off-GCD HB make

some nice burst. and shield is given less credit than it deserves. it

certainly isn't as useful in PvP as it is in PvE but every class i take on

resets my RP quite often except for sorcs/sages.

you don't have a juggs control or a sins sustain but having all 3 tanking

classes at 50 and pvping with all of them (all at least valor 50; jugg and

PT even before the easymode valor gain patch) the PT has the highest

burst of them and when up against a class with many

melee/ranged attacks to reset your RP your dmg in DPS set is quite

good.