The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mentoring Down = "Someday". When-ish is "someday"???

TheBBP

Part of today's Q and A:

Lorroc: Are there any plans to introduce a mentoring system in SWTOR? In some other MMOs, this mentoring system lowers the stats and armor of high level characters and grays out abilities that they didn't have during lower levels so that they can help their lower level friends.

Damion: I'm a big fan of ‘down leveling,’ and I've been pushing to add something like this for a long, LONG time. Plus, you just can't ignore the master/apprentice relationship as being a core part of the Star Wars experience. So yeah, this is coming -- someday. And, as always, it will have a couple of unique twists that I think people will enjoy.

I am absolutely thrilled to see confirmation that this is in the works. THANK YOU! I fully understand how things go and that "someday" is a loose term to keep you guys from making a promise on a timeline that you may not be able to keep. However, is there anyway that we can get a ballpark figure on when we can look forward to this? 1.3? 1.4? 1.5?

Thanks!

Part of today's Q and A:

I am absolutely thrilled to see confirmation that this is in the works. THANK YOU! I fully understand how things go and that "someday" is a loose term to keep you guys from making a promise on a timeline that you may not be able to keep. However, is there anyway that we can get a ballpark figure on when we can look forward to this? 1.3? 1.4? 1.5?

Thanks!

I would say 1.9 or greater.

You wont get it. Nobody knows, the official word is exactly what you have read. Go with our responses, make up a time-frame of your own or take the dev's answer as being your answer.

I think I'm missing the point of the whole "mentoring".. If my friend needs help with a mission or FP or something, I just run him through with my say lvl 50 toon.. why would I want a system that drops my armor/health/skills etc?

Sure, I kill his mob-xp, but he still gets full xp for bonuses and main quests completed. Which is where the majority of our xp comes from anyway.

So why do people want a system that would gimp them down to low lvl?

Or just make an alt and keep it at your friend's lvl..