It's about us, not them!

I've read a couple threads now concerning folks who are a little sad or disappointed (perhaps even mad) that SWTOR doesn't have a May the 4th event. All that aside, I got to thinking, whatever happened to the MM in MMORPG? Are we not a community of, mostly, intelligent people? So I say to you, to all of you, make your OWN event. Get your guild, your server, everyone you know together and do something. We don't need the SWTOR team to plan an event, and toss us a treat, patting our heads, telling us how good we are. I play this, (and most) games for FUN!

So, I challenge you all, go out there, do something fun. Re-create your favorite Hoth battle, have a picnic in the Tatooine desert, raid a Sith/Republic stronghold. Anything, just use the MM for what's it worth, and actually make this a TRUE community, rather than just some mass of bodies all pounding on the same rock, waiting for those above to drop some reward at our feet!

I've read a couple threads now concerning folks who are a little sad or disappointed (perhaps even mad) that SWTOR doesn't have a May the 4th event. All that aside, I got to thinking, whatever happened to the MM in MMORPG? Are we not a community of, mostly, intelligent people? So I say to you, to all of you, make your OWN event. Get your guild, your server, everyone you know together and do something. We don't need the SWTOR team to plan an event, and toss us a treat, patting our heads, telling us how good we are. I play this, (and most) games for FUN!

So, I challenge you all, go out there, do something fun. Re-create your favorite Hoth battle, have a picnic in the Tatooine desert, raid a Sith/Republic stronghold. Anything, just use the MM for what's it worth, and actually make this a TRUE community, rather than just some mass of bodies all pounding on the same rock, waiting for those above to drop some reward at our feet!

Sadly my favorite Hoth battle took place in a section of Hoth BioWare doesn't let you go :( Which is 90% of any planet lol

I want to raid Dromand Kaas, thats a Sith Stronghold...wait I cant :( Looks like the only thing we can do is gear grind lol

I say to make every single person happy BioWare should add catwalks to both Republic and Imperial Fleet, that way we can show off our gear...cause thats what MMOs are all about now

Republic's/Empire's next top model.....:D

LOL'd hard :D

EDIT:

Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.D

Oh my :confused:

Edited by MelodicSixNine

It's not about whether there's an event or not, but how they handled this date.

They took the time and process to get this promotion approved and applied to the site and stores, yet they didn't consider that existing players are probably bigger fans of such a date than those who haven't purchased the game yet.

So they supported this date as a pure cash grab, without giving much thought to the people they already got money from.

My issue is just that they didn't think this through, it was a date perfectly exploitable for them to gain back some good publicity as a game that cares about their community but they turned it to a pure money grab for the ignorant masses that haven't purchased the game.

It's just another mishandling of the opportunity, they had the potential to make this promotion become a rallying signal for the game and get people to help support it, but they forgot about the people who are paying and playing already, yet again.

It'd be awesome if we could get a huge (25+ each side) battle on hoth/tatooine for the day...

On another note, I thought it was really funny how they put a huge advertisment for "May the 4th: save $25 or more!". What they should've said was, "Hey those of you who already own this game (90% of the population visiting this site), this isn't for you". We didn't even get offered a discount on the 60 day game card :jawa_frown:

Anyways, if you guys want to really take a break from WZ's head on over to starwars.com. They actually put up some good offers and savings for the day.