iheartnyc

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a troll post right?

GW2 is not cartoony at all, its pretty obvious you havent played the Beta OR hell even watched a video of the game

People love to make stuff up on this forum

Guild Wars 2 had depth to its characters...graphics were more "Adult" then Star Wars.....and the PvP is probably onky 2nd to Dark Age of Camelot in total awesomeness...so ya GW2 is going to be VERY good and take ALOT of players from all MMO's..not just Star Wars

GW2's character models look like anime. Like them or not, it's ridiculous to say that it has more depth to its characters.

They have great PVE and PVP but that still isn't enough?

Someones harddddddddddddddddddd to please.

On topic worth noting that an example in realistic graphics without a doubt is AoC. SWTOR is one of the most cartoony mmo's on the market.

Guild Wars 2 has great PvE?

I lol'd.

As opposed to SWTOR, which has everything going for it? Give me a break... :rolleyes:

No it does not have everything, but it has plenty of different types of play, and they might not all be that substantial, but I am patient, I don't think short term, I know by the end of the year this is going to be one of the best games out there, Ranked WZs, more story, more companions, more planets, 3d space combat, mini-games, an expanded Char creator, and much more, what it has currently, is by far the best storylines ever seen in an MMO, without contest, immersion, something I just don't get from GW2, simple.

Don't like my opinion? well it ain't my fault, you are here trolling on a game just to make your next coming of Jesus MMO out to be far more than it is.

But you people always do this, so I'll just let time do the job for me.

Good day.

For a while, due to the constant hype, I was absolutely sure that GW2 would be the next big MMO and that it would be the death blow for SWTOR. After watching lots of live streams of the beta weekend, Guild Wars 2 looks like a mediocre MMO without any PvE endgame (no raids, seriously?). The PvP seems a bit more interesting, although WoW does competitive PvP better and WvWvW is just Gate Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 must be the most overhyped game of the last years. But we'll see, maybe I just don't understand what so many people see in GW2.

last I checked people are still saying SWTOR has no end game

they have dungeons just like In GW that where played all the time they are not easy

And they have many large world bosses I do worry about the balancing with this it is new to them but balancing can be fixed.

A raid in WoW not so much in SWTOR is just organized chaos you could still do that is GW2 potentially or you could do a WoW pug raid unorganized chaos that be easy to find in GW2 big bosses. Hopefully GW2 will make some big bosses so hard that it take some team work to take them down. I do believe they already have that.

That fact you say there is no endgame are you really any different then people who say SWTOR has no endgame

GW2 has no end game If ArenaNet was that dumb GW would have died early and GW2 would have never been made

they already have a fairly successful MMO I don't think this is where they will mess up

No it does not have everything, but it has plenty of different types of play, and they might not all be that substantial, but I am patient, I don't think short term, I know by the end of the year this is going to be one of the best games out there, Ranked WZs, more story, more companions, more planets, 3d space combat, mini-games, an expanded Char creator, and much more, what it has currently, is by far the best storylines ever seen in an MMO, without contest, immersion, something I just don't get from GW2, simple.

Don't like my opinion? well it ain't my fault, you are here trolling on a game just to make your next coming of Jesus MMO out to be far more than it is.

Good day.

"... you are here trolling..."

"... you people..."

I don't know why anyone would be trying to catch flies, but I'm told you can catch more with honey instead of vinegar. Countering your opinion doesn't mean I dislike you or disrespect you; it means I find fault with your line of reasoning--which I still do.

You want to harp on GW2 for lacking anything more than PvE and PvP (which are both false claims). Okay, but when I point out that SWTOR suffers from a similar narrow focus, I'm the fanboy. Right. I see how it works.

If I'm a GW2 fanboy, you're a SWTOR fanboy. Now what?

I got the feeling when i tryed it that GW2 is just a reskin of loads of features in Aion and ladscapes look alot like it in some places. THAT killed it for me.

and it looks like a kido game, Also NC is Dead to me after what they did to Aion and Lineage2.

And i think alot of players wont play it cuse of that i myself know alot of players that never even tries NCs games anymore cuse of it.

i will buy it and play it maybe a few times when Swtor is down but nothing more and still it will have to compete for my intressst with D3 on SWTOR downtimes. :p

Swtor is getting better whatever tards say on forums that its getting worse, and aslong as the it swtor dont go EAgame only and they start chasing in for content gear etc i will play swtor as nr game.

Swtor got the upperhand on other games cuse it is freaking STAR WARS too. a huge advantage.

its not was all us tards are saying but the fact that all us tards are leaving or have already left .

"... you people..."

I don't know why anyone would be trying to catch flies, but I'm told you can catch more with honey instead of vinegar. Countering your opinion doesn't mean I dislike you or disrespect you; it means I find fault with your line of reasoning--which I still do.

You want to harp on GW2 for lacking anything more than PvE and PvP (which are both false claims). Okay, but when I point out that SWTOR suffers from a similar narrow focus, I'm the fanboy. Right. I see how it works.

You go to the GW2 forums from now on?

Good day.

You do know GW1 had fully voiced story progression before Kotor 2 was even released right which were all instanced exactly the same as swtor btw? With cutscenes, etc. The char creator on GW1 is also more in depth. This is GW1 I'm referring too released 7 years before swtor and is only buy to play.#

Like I said before I'm willing to bet you like most others have no idea what the lore is surrounding the guild wars franchise. It's easier to flame it than actually read what it's about first right?

You go to the GW2 forums from now on?

They're closed currently. Beta and all that.

I know it's difficult to accept that other people have different opinions than you, but... well, there it is.

They're closed currently. Beta and all that.

I know it's difficult to accept that other people have different opinions than you, but... well, there it is.

MMOc has a gw section I believe. You could go there instead.

As to the whole "different opinions" thing.

This is a swtor discussion board. Not Gw2.

This thread should have been closed instantly.

Edited by metalgearyoda

But it wasn't. :rolleyes:

The topic is SWTOR vs GW2. You can't discuss this without mentioning GW2.

Edited by Dezzi

I got the feeling when i tryed it that GW2 is just a reskin of loads of features in Aion and ladscapes look alot like it in some places. THAT killed it for me.

and it looks like a kido game, Also NC is Dead to me after what they did to Aion and Lineage2.

And i think alot of players wont play it cuse of that i myself know alot of players that never even tries NCs games anymore cuse of it.

i will buy it and play it maybe a few times when Swtor is down but nothing more and still it will have to compete for my intressst with D3 on SWTOR downtimes. :p

Swtor is getting better whatever tards say on forums that its getting worse, and aslong as the it swtor dont go EAgame only and they start chasing in for content gear etc i will play swtor as nr game.

Swtor got the upperhand on other games cuse it is freaking STAR WARS too. a huge advantage.

Hmm funny, we are the tards but you don't even know who GW2 is being developed by before you flame it? Nice, I'm kind of surprised you can fit so much fail into one post, bravo.

For the record GW2 is developed by Arenanet not NCSoft.

Just the same as SWTOR is developed by bioware not EA.

But it wasn't. :rolleyes:

Just because the mods aren't doing their jobs doesnt mean you should help in degrading a forum.

If you want to talk about gw2 go to a gw2 forum.

Game v Game threads are always stupid.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

Yeah, I have to agree with you. There's no way this thread is gonna end on a civil note. Heck, even the very title of this thread just screams "FLAME BAIT". This is gonna end badly.

GW2 is definitely for a different group of people more interested in PvP.

No/little gear progression is the big feature here. This, imo, is what keeps PvP fair. This is what happens in shooters and Moba games, why shouldn't it happen in a PvP focused MMORPG. New player can jump into the fray, play for the win and only play for the win. Also, no more play for max comms, or kill trades, or bots because there's no incentive.

However, in the context of no/little gear progression, you can't design ordinary raids because people won't repeat content if there's no reward.

The key to PvE without gear progression, imo, is flexibility and uncertainty. MMOs can learn from modes such as Halo 3: ODST's firefight and etc, and even bring out unlimited waves and handicaps for extra difficulty. Since I haven't watched enough PvE stream of GW2, I can't really comment here.

And to the person who says WvWvW is a gate zergfest, don't take everything Towelliee said at face value. I've watched his sunday streams, if he plays games like neverwinter nights and sees that there's no exclamation mark on quest givers, he will probably find that unacceptable because he is too used to WoW.

My theory:

1) PvE and gear progression can go hand in hand. It makes sense. You kill bosses, you get better gear. You have higher goals. Rinse and repeat.

2) However, it is very difficult for PvP and gear progression to go hand in hand; it's an unfair system. Also, there's just too much to balance.

On one side, you have to point incentives for the win, while losers shouldn't be too frustrated, there should be little incentives to cheat, people should have incentives to fight close games instead of roflstomps.

Also, started gear and BiS gear shouldn't be too far apart, BiS gear shouldn't be too long a grind to reach or PvP will become grindy and boring, yet it shouldn't be too short a grind either or PvE people will complain.

Overall it's a system in which balancing is a clusterf*ck and incredibly difficult.

3) I think it is possible to make PvE without gear progression, because I have, in other games, enjoyed some PvE content multiple times without caring about reward, i.e. ODST's firefight, or ME3's multiplayer(I love to try out different gold runs, I hate firebase white geth), but I have yet to see a successful system in an MMORPG.

Edited by Sraom

Just because the mods aren't doing their jobs doesnt mean you should help in degrading a forum.

If you want to talk about gw2 go to a gw2 forum.

Game v Game threads are always stupid.

"You can't discuss GW2 vs SWTOR without mentioning GW2."

I know you're afraid of the game, but we don't live in a vacuum.

Edited by Sireene
quote of edited post

I don't see GW2 being released for another 4~6 months. Expect to continue seeing threads overhyping GW2.

"... you people..."

No you missed my point.

You are over-hyping GW2 into something it isn't, or at least other people here are, and are using SWTOR as the sacrificial lamb to do this with.

Now my opinion is that, GW2 is far too much like other MMORPGs currently on the market, most notably NCSoft's wrank smell of Cash shop is all over it, and I can already see the flaws people are going to be ranting about on that game to.

What I am doing is stating, no SWTOR is not as perfect as the game you think Guild Wars 2 is going to be, but neither is the actual Guild Wars 2.

This always happens, in-fact it happened to SWTOR, over-hyped to the point where the asinine expectations of the General MMO Community were inevitably un-fulfilled, and now it's already labelled as dead, well no it isn't, the server spread is the damage that needs to be healed and it will be healed this summer.

That is the problem, the MMO community has this 'Beat WoW and be perfect or die' mentality, a ludicrous expectation.

You seem to have the same problem to, Guild Wars 2 is going to suffer just like TOR does, because of these expectations.

I know that SWTOR is still in it's infancy and by the end of the year, it's going to be the game it was meant to be from the start, hence the fact this should've been released this December, not last.

Simply put, I will enjoy Guild Wars 2, but not as much as SWTOR, simply because it provides to a different community than mine, here is the main problem though, I am not on a forum for Guild Wars 2 trolling their potential subscribers about how bad that game is, you and many others here are.

That is the exact reason why I don't value your opinion at all, because it's just meant to aggravate.

I am expressing my opinion in defence of this game, and pointing out the flaws of your precious game.

Simple as that.