Recent Game-wide slide in population

xMasterful

Ok I don't know what has happened but right after the rakghoul event ended there has been a considerable drop in population game-wide across all servers and tonight it has hit rock bottom and may get worse. I am wondering what happened after the rakghoul event ended on the 24th that the swtor population has decreased considerably?

The population was nice and high right after patch 1.2 and during the rakghoul event but ever since it ended it seems the population has taken a legitimate hit. My only reason for creating this thread is to find out why and discuss some reasons as to why and perhaps find a solution or at least bring this to peoples attention if they haven't already noticed.

Please discuss.

Thank you for your time,

Masterful

Edited by xMasterful

@ OP

First of all you dont need to write your name after your post, we can see it from your profile picture just underneath it.

Secondly, this was bound to happen, however, the people who left were those who decided the game wasnt for them, just as many decided about WoW back in the day, or any other game for that matter.

I don't see this as a bad thing really, its better to have players who enjoy themselves rather than players who are forcing themselves to play something they dont really want to.

It's been out for 6 months or so, and I think it's doing great. The field of MMORPGs is a very competitive one, TOR is holding out admirably against giants.

And finally, its the people that make a game, as cliche as it might be - if you want to change the world, change yourself first. Or put a blaster to their heads and threaten them (always works).

Events will always draw in large amount of players to the same space during the same time. Many players are still subbed but just don't play every day anymore since the "newness" wore off. The player base is chilling out and not playing SWTOR 7-8 hours a day everyday anymore, it's a common "problem" in mmo's to maintain a player base yet see less log on at the same time. It's not a sign of SWTOR dieing, it's a sign of it aging.