Does healing get affected by tech?

kirakirakira

one more time....

For healing the stat priority goes like this:

Class Primary Stat > Power > Critical rating > Surge rating > Alacrity rating

(I really hope everyone at least knows that Smuggler's primary stat is always Cunning)

Techpower adds same benefit as power for tech classes healing.

You will have also Endurance in all your gear, but that just increases your own max health, and does not affect your healing abilities.

Any other stats, that were not mentioned, are completely useless, and don't want them at all.

one more time....

For healing the stat priority goes like this:

Class Primary Stat > Power > Critical rating > Surge rating > Alacrity rating

(I really hope everyone at least knows that Smuggler's primary stat is always Cunning)

Techpower adds same benefit as power for tech classes healing.

You will have also Endurance in all your gear, but that just increases your own max health, and does not affect your healing abilities.

Any other stats, that were not mentioned, are completely useless, and don't want them at all.

correct me if I am wrong, techpower = power?

Techpower is stat found only in weapons and it's main purpose seems to be to make also those abilities that do not benefit direcly from the weapon damage of your blaster pistol to become more powerful with weapons. I'm pretty sure all heals fall into this category. For dps purposes it's value in relation to other stats is a bit harder to calculate, but for healing it's pretty simple since all heals of tech classes are affected by it.

And if we look at the numbers the theorycrafters have come up with

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

1 POWER adds 0.23 bonus damage (for all types of abilities) and 0.17 bonus healing

1 TECHPOWER adds 0.23 bonus damage (for tech abilities only) and 0.17 bonus healing

So :

0.17 = 0.17

Yes

Awesome thanks for the info

Edit: on a separate note does tech critical affect healing?

Tech Power and Tech Crit are exactly the same, for a smuggler's purpose, as just plain power and crit - your attacks/heals do 'tech' damage. And you like both of those stats for your healing.

They'd be rather useless to a sage, that's all. But then again, 'force power' and 'force crit' would be useless to you.

You can see how much different stats contribute to combat by looking at your character sheet and mousing over things like damage, bonus damage, crit chance.

There are selector buttons for: melee, ranged, tech, force, et cetera. These will tell you how much different stats contribute to damage, crit chance, crit damage, bonus damage...

Read the "combat mechanics" link someone else posted to understand which of your attacks fall into a particular category. E.g. One ranged attack may be 'attack type: ranged' and described by the 'ranged' tab on your character sheet while another is 'attack type: tech' and therefore described by the 'tech' tab on your character sheet.