Invisible/Stealth Capping?

Tathais

Is this something that still happens?

Was in a Civil War last night and two of us were guarding a point. There was nobody in sight so I sprinted to get to mid to assist (I usually bounce between points with a focus on the guy guarding so I can tell if he gets hit). I was running to mid with my camera swivelled to the point to watch for the beam.

Before I even got to the ramps at the side the point got capped. I didn't see the blue beam and the guy who was standing right beside the point didn't see anything (I'm taking his word for it), but we lost the point. I seem to recall reading about a bug where points can be captured from stealth... is this true? Bug/lag?

I'd own it if it was just noobishness. It's possible I could have missed the giant blue beam while running... I guess... but the guy who was guarding the point swore he never saw anything. I figured between the two of us we'd catch it.

Thoughts?

<braces for flames>

I've seen it happen before right in front of me on that map.

I've also had the reverse happen: as a healing sorc, with no stealth, I was accused of cheating in voidstar because I capped a door without having my cast bar show up to show I was capping.

Unforunately the bugs inherent in the coding make for unfair PvP circumstances that may sometimes be completely unintentional.

Glad I'm not the only one...

I was thinking it might be lag... like my client didn't render them exiting stealth and starting the cap in a timely fashion. But then, my latency to my server is under 200ms. If it's a hack... that's kind of sucky :(

Edited by Tathais

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this yesterday in civilwar and the new warzone, a jedi knight not being visible while capping, was using ae at the control in the coast one, but didnt hit him, didnt see him until it was capped and he force charged me from the windows.

Made ticket got reply that some classes have stealth and can use this to their advantage.

I have two toons with stealth and I have never been able to cap anything while being in stealth. I wish it would automatically pop me out of stealth when I'm trying to cap a door or something, but I have to get out of stealth and then click.

I have two toons with stealth and I have never been able to cap anything while being in stealth. I wish it would automatically pop me out of stealth when I'm trying to cap a door or something, but I have to get out of stealth and then click.
Thats how it works... :/

I capped a door in VS and was accused of exploiting when I popped out of stealth to cap. I think there is a bug and that this is happening a lot more often than people are realizing.

Swijr

I capped a door in VS and was accused of exploiting when I popped out of stealth to cap. I think there is a bug and that this is happening a lot more often than people are realizing.

Swijr

Well seeing a lvl17 jedi knight do it, makes me think its not a bug, but something else goin on. :)

Ive seen it happen in voidstar and reported the player i suspected doing it, haven/t seen him/her online since so maybe it worked. Though with only 20 people queing at any one time, I hated to do it lol.

I have noticed issues with graphic bugs interfering with rendering the blue light. I have had issues where the light district does not render but i can see the character interacting. Usually a game restart will fix. In voidstar a known bug will sometimes rez one of the opposing team (and in some cases entire teams uppon death) behide locked doors. So far i have participated in 2 such games while on defense then we ended up the entire match with.attackers setting bombs from behind the doors while we stood out front removing them. Was funnyy and irritating at the same time

I finally got to experience the get killed and spawn behind the doors bug in Voidstar today. In fact 3 of us respawned behind the doors with a few seconds of each other. Really irritating bug, more so for the defenders i'd imagine though.