The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVE/PVP Spec Question

KenFMN

Quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to... I just hit 50 on my Vanguard and usually run Iron Fist spec for PvP. I tried tactics and it just felt a little clunky to me so went back to Iron Fist.

My guild is in need of DPS for PVE OPS and FP's at times; is it viable at all to run Iron Fist with High Energy Cell or will I be forced to respec a couple times a week to either assault/tactics when I want to PVE??

Thanks for any advice or suggestions :)

I would say that bringing a Vanguard to DPS in IF is less than optimal. In a 8 man or 16 man you may not notice the difference, but it will be very pronounced in 4 man.

I would also suggest giving Assault (4/6/31) a try in PVP. I love it, though it is a bit squishy compared to IF. For pve a better sustained damage spec would probably be 8/8/25.

I would say that bringing a Vanguard to DPS in IF is less than optimal. In a 8 man or 16 man you may not notice the difference, but it will be very pronounced in 4 man.

I would also suggest giving Assault (4/6/31) a try in PVP. I love it, though it is a bit squishy compared to IF. For pve a better sustained damage spec would probably be 8/8/25.

Thanks for the suggestions; hopefully dual spec comes in soon so we won't have to deal with the spec shuffling. I should give assault a shot in PVP, although the pieces of BM I have already are combat tech and they aren't optimal. But, if I like assault in PVP, I can just run assault for both pve and pvp ... then problem solved!