The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

I'm not saying trash their characters or anything i'm just saying make an alt or something while you wait.

If you can't do either one they go play something else

Say that to everyone and you will be playing alone in no time.

Just to stop posting i just want to clarify that all the rage and despair about server transfer dont come from yesterday. Come from 3 months in the case of my server of seeing it slowly dying and you always believing that you dont need to reroll cause bioware will fix it before it gets to bad. And when the time came they didin't do a thing:(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense, what do you think the MM in MMORPG means ?

1.7 million subscribers qualifies it for a MM in MMORPG. Problem is that the population is scattered among too many servers. And there is currently no tool to connect people togehter.

In that other game (WOW) I logged in on my server which I used to play on and went to a level up zone (Barrens) and it was 17 people there 25 minutes ago.

I go to taris on my smuggler on and its 21 people there. But in that other game it doesnt really matter, you can just spam the LFG tool.

Said issues about this game is being fixed. Problem is that people cant wait because they dont know how to entertain themselves in a mmo if not everything is falling automatically in their lap.

I will stop answering... If i continue i will got banned....

lol i feel your pain, these 1st mmo fanboys will drive you crazy. one of them said something like " 67 people on a server? thats pleanty of people for an mmo isnt it?" i just turned off my comp and went to bed.

Telling people who've invested a lot of time in their characters to re-roll or continue playing a single-player MMO by levelling alts is not helpful advice.

He is not telling people to delete their main characters and reinstall the game and make a new account to start all over. He is just saying that if you done what you can do on your main and cant do more because of the lack of people there is basically 7 other storylines of content to explore if you are interested.

lol i feel your pain, these 1st mmo fanboys will drive you crazy. one of them said something like " 67 people on a server? thats pleanty of people for an mmo isnt it?" i just turned off my comp and went to bed.

This is from a fanboy. Yes I am a fanboy since I liked all bioware games, I like mmos, I like Star Wars and I think this game is very entertaining and I am having loads of fun with it. I guess that qualifies as a fanboy:

Why are you bothering about playing a game or even sitting of the games forums while you not only dislike the game but you dislike the people who think the game is good? It sounds like a intolerable position to be in. Isnt it better to pick a mmo where everybody agrees with you or perhaps where everybody hates the game and absolutely no one likes it?

I have problems understanding the concept, can you enlighten me?

He is not telling people to delete their main characters and reinstall the game and make a new account to start all over. He is just saying that if you done what you can do on your main and cant do more because of the lack of people there is basically 7 other storylines of content to explore if you are interested.

Someone got it

this needs to happen sooner rather than later, they could do it like they did on the ptr people sing up fill out all the info on what toons they want to copy over and just take care of it that way, its better than letting the game die due to dead servers. when 4-5 servers make up the vast majority of total game pop you've done something very wrong.

this needs to happen sooner rather than later, they could do it like they did on the ptr people sing up fill out all the info on what toons they want to copy over and just take care of it that way, its better than letting the game die due to dead servers. when 4-5 servers make up the vast majority of total game pop you've done something very wrong.

I agree it has to happens fast. But this feature is something you dont want bugs in. So its better that it comes in 1 month and works as intended instead of 2 weeks and people loose their characters when transfering due to a bug.

I still lightly play the game, but this is the reason my account currently doesn't have a resubscription plan.

No one to play with.

I am currently leveling my FOURTH level 50, on my FOURTH server, in hopes of finally landing a server that has a stable community.

It doesn't matter how good or bad your game is. If there's no one to play with, there's no point. I've STILL not completed all of the normal flashpoints yet, as I can't find players for them.

The LFG system in this game is / has been awful. It's literally back to the EQ 1 days of 1999 where you spam in a zone, or do a /who level 35-42 and send tells to people one at a time.

Some people frown upon the cross server LFG system, which is fine. However, we should have that system on the same server. How many people that want to do a flashpoint, that are on Hoth, and don't put up a LFG tag. They can't see people spamming on Carrick Station for them. How are they supposed to know?

Unless I can't figure it out, you can't even do a search for JUST people LFG. Unless you have to type it out fully? LFG doesn't work for a search.

They fixed most of the issues I had, in 1.2. (Adjustable UI, etc).

Give me people to play with, and I'll continue to give you money. It's that simple.

Yes, I understand that. What it also equates to is playing a single-player MMO to compensate for the lack of the MM part.

BW, why delay the transfers until early summer? Many servers, including my own are already dead. Here are some screenshots taken today on Trayus Academy (EU). The time is GMT+2, which covers most of Europe.

11:12 AM, alone on Imperial fleet http://i.imgur.com/S9iKE.jpg

14:15 PM, 63 people online on the entire server http://i.imgur.com/SGC0u.jpg (republic) and http://i.imgur.com/ctAEW.jpg (empire)

As level 50, it is impossible to play a Warzone before 5 PM. Between 5 and 8 PM queues range from 15 to 30 minutes, and are only decent (10-15 minutes) between 8 and 11 PM. There is always only one Warzone taking place at a time on the entire server, so if more then 16 people are in queue, you might miss it and have to wait until it ends, praying you won't miss the next.

Even at prime-time, we never have even 200 players online server-wide. Usually there are around about 100 on empire side and 50 on republic. Once again, I'm not talking about people on fleet, but about people on THE ENTIRE SERVER. I can provide screenshots for this later tonight, if needed.

Honestly, how can playing with less then 200 people on a server even be considered a MMO? There are many singleplayer games out there with far more then 200 people at a time playing multiplayer.

So Bioware, why wait until early summer with the transfers? There are many server which badly need it now, after the free 30 days will be over they will be completely dead because no sane person will pay to just stand around on fleet for hours doing nothing.

^^^^^^ I cannot stress what the OP has said enough. Mandalore is a ghost town...

I am going to make this clear to some of the bumbling morons posting in our discussion....

AGAIN, its not that we HATE the game. If we did we wouldnt even be here posting in the forums. People who hate things tend to never touch or involve themselves in it. We (the players) WANT TO PLAY but there is NO ONE TO PLAY WITH. You young kids and fan boys need to realize how big of a problem this is.

Typing in caps well help you understand my point here.... IF THERE WAS PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH WE WOULDNT BE HERE POSTING IN THE FORUMS! WE WOULD BE PLAYING!

Stop with the "Roll an alt" .... Stop with the "Re-Roll on a new server"....you know what you can do if you think that? You can BLOW ME , BLOW US! This problem was created by the company BIoware and THEY need to fix it SOON!

Summer is way too late because , like I've said BEFORE, two really good games are coming out and one was just released! I play Tera now in hopes that Bioware will magically fix this issue this coming week. I miss playing SWTOR trust me, Tera is good, but I am more into the SWTOR world when it comes to lore.

And to correct another moron that stated "find something else to do in game if you cant pvp or raid or flashpoints".... LIKE WHAT? Quests (dailies) are 4mans .... I logged in an hour ago on BLack Vulk and I was the ONLY ONE Republic and Imperial side in the Black Hole Daily hub. So what is there to do seeing most things need OTHER PEOPLE to do them?????!! craft? why? There is NO BODY TO SELL CRAP TOO. My god friend, you need some common sense prior to posting ever again!!!!!!

FIX THE DAMN SERVERS and let us PLAY AGAIN! Thus the forums will become a lot less QQ and a lot more PEW PEW.

You do realize you're committing a logical error of the first order right? If set A are those who wanted new servers and set B are those who want server transfers, you can say that there exists an intersection of A ∩ B that wanted both, but you can never say that A = B.

You're saying that A = B. You are in serious error.

Way to miss the point flapjack. No one said A = B, we're saying BW is smart to not listen to the QQ's because doing just that created the problem in the first place.

With Tera out, D3 due in weeks, GW2 in the pipeline please elaborate on the magical fix that will bring customers back. MMO vets are through being burned by devs. They will NOT be back.

And? No one cares. There will still be plenty of people to keep this game going strong.

Bye.

FIX THE DAMN SERVERS and let us PLAY AGAIN! Thus the forums will become a lot less QQ and a lot more PEW PEW.

This guy is absolutely right. We just want to play the game right now. Bioware is preventing that from happening for a lot of us on low pop servers by sitting on their hands.

Side note: don't call people morons when your post is full of misspellings and grammar mistakes. Just saying.

Edited by TheHeat

You know what's even more sad I retooled off a dead server where I have 3 lvl 50s to a high population server Jedi covenant and I still have a hard time finding groups. So don't listen to these idiots telling you to reroll this game is dead.

Way to miss the point flapjack. No one said A = B, we're saying BW is smart to not listen to the QQ's because doing just that created the problem in the first place.

You're heavily implying that the two groups are part of the same set, which somehow invalidates their claims. Your insulting an entire set of people who have a very real issue playing the game through no fault of their own, and summarily dismissing the issue as just a bunch of people with ADD QQing on the forums.

However, I suppose given what you said, the game is apparently running smoothly.

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

Wrong. The tech is there for manual transfers involving someone actually going and moving files from one server to another. That's what they did in the limited transfers that were available for the new Asian / Australian servers... they had people going in and manually transferring characters. I doubt they have the resources to do that on a large enough scale to handle general transfers in the US / EU servers. They are currently developing tech to automate the process so that they can handle large volumes of transfer requests, and they'll release that when it's ready. If your server is dead then why not do what I did: start an alt in a class you haven't played a lot yet on a populated server and then transfer your characters from the dead server to the one your alt is on (or transfer them and the alt to a third server if free transfers to your new alt's aren't offered) once it's available.