Increased Customization- A Simple Fix!

SocraticSteve

So, as it is, I really wish there were a lot more options when it comes to armor. Originally I was thinking that the armor class of an item could be tied to the Armoring modification item, thus allowing anyone to wear any custom armor as long as the Armoring mod had an armor class that the character could use.

Then I realized that there was a much easier option that would require a lot less work. Just remove the Armor Class from all items!

Instead, the armor multiplier would just be based on the highest armor class skill that a character has. In other words, if a character has the skill "Armor Proficiency: Heavy", instead of allowing them to wear Heavy armor, it would effectively make all armor the character wears count as Heavy armor. The same for "Armor Proficiency: Light" and "Armor Proficiency: Medium." Of course the higher armor proficiency would override any lower ones.

The benefits of this:

-Anyone could wear any kind of armor (provided they meet all other requirements such as level, alignment , Valor rating, etc)

-Players could better create their appearance by using custom armor from other classes (non-custom armor would still have class specific stats making them ineffective for other classes)

-Everyone could use Social Armor effectively!

-It would greatly increase the amount of customizability and, as far as I can tell, would have no effect on the current stat system.

Please, please, PLEASE consider this system or any other way that would allow a character to wear armor from any other class!

As always, please sound off if you like my idea because the more people respond the more likely the devs are to take notice. And of course share your opinions and ideas!