Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vette sounds like Harley Quin

FITorion

Does she sound like that to anyone else?

The old Batman Cartoon Harley Quin not anything really recent... I'm talking early 90s here...

Every time she says something in combat... I just want her to call me "Mr. J" just once.

Does she sound like that to anyone else?

The old Batman Cartoon Harley Quin not anything really recent... I'm talking early 90s here...

Every time she says something in combat... I just want her to call me "Mr. J" just once.

Nah They don't sound anything alike. However, there's a girl in chapter 1 of the Smuggler plotline...a crazy ex girlfriend of Skavik...that will remind you very much of Harley.

Arleen Sorkin, who did Harley's voice you remember, didn't do anything with TOR. But Tara Strong, who voiced Harley in Arkam City, does Risha's voice (also on the smuggler plotline) and Holiday (on Consular)

The More you Know *plays music*

Just looked up some videos of Batman: the animated series...

Yep still think they sound a lot alike. Also the romance between Vette and my SW feels very similar to Harley and the Joker...

It may just be the inherent weirdness in a moderately normal person falling in love with a murdering psychopath...

I really hear it when you unsummon her and she says "Hey, I could use the rest."

I know it isn't the same actress... I'm just saying they sound similar and that the stories have many parallels.

Edited by FITorion

Any other Marauders out there find you have to fight with Quinn out?

I found that I die way too much with Vette... but I want to have all my conversations with Vette there... so I summon her for conversations and do all my fighting with Quinn...

Edited by FITorion

No, she sounds like Mission Vao.

Really wish the VO would have done a slightly different voice, or wish I could slap BW for requesting a second Mission Vao in their game. I can't see Vette, I only see KoTOR!

You don't put two DPS together and expect survival.

Marauders either need a tank or healer (if they plan to tank).

Edited by DeutschGamer

I remember some discussion (before the game released) about the possibility of being able to pick the roll of your first companion.

I wish they would have gone with that... So I could actually be out fighting with Vette instead of constantly summoning her for conversations and then summoning Quinn when they are done... and dieing when combat immediately follows conversation and I can't summon Quinn...

I remember some discussion (before the game released) about the possibility of being able to pick the roll of your first companion.

I wish they would have gone with that... So I could actually be out fighting with Vette instead of constantly summoning her for conversations and then summoning Quinn when they are done... and dieing when combat immediately follows conversation and I can't summon Quinn...

or just gear up Vette and learn to use your def. cooldowns and interrupt? It was no problem at all to finish every quest in the game with her, I never ever used Quinn - not once and never died to all those bosses people constantly cry about on the forums.

I'm a Marauder and I use Vette almost full time and Quinn never leaves the ship. (He never would have been on to begin with, if I had a say in it) Never had an issue.

The only time I didn't use Vette was during Hoth, because she and Quinn really whined about it, and Pierce and Jaesa really sounded like they wanted to go. So I took it as a major 'hint' from the writers and only used those two. Turned out I didn't need to bother since no companion says much during the SW plot on Hoth. But Quinn still didn't leave the ship, because of his aforementioned whining. :D

Edited by CutlassJack

I'm a Marauder and I use Vette almost full time and Quinn never leaves the ship. (He never would have been on to begin with, if I had a say in it) Never had an issue.

The only time I didn't use Vette was during Hoth, because she and Quinn really whined about it, and Pierce and Jaesa really sounded like they wanted to go. So I took it as a major 'hint' from the writers and only used those two. Turned out I didn't need to bother since no companion says much during the SW plot on Hoth. But Quinn still didn't leave the ship, because of his aforementioned whining. :D

I was an evil ***** and

dragged Quinn with me down to the planet anyways because he whined.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.