The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Malachor V would be sick. Say the sith travel there to become closer to the Dark Side and maybe venture into the ruined ancient sith acadamy we saw in KOTOR2, maybe to find something to do with Darth Sion, Nihlius (however you spell it) and Traya??? Or Mustafar would also be freakin sweet with the volcanos and the fire everywhere...all that aside Kashyyk is a must I think

The planets of Dathomir (the tv series rendition) and Umbara would be fascinating, unique, and fun planets to go to.

I think Dathomir's red lighting across the landscape and thick mists among the twisted fauna would be really interesting and the Nightsisters. What is said here http://www.starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/locations/dathomir/ and what has recently been added to the Nightsister's culture and religion makes the world extremely unique and interesting for BW to toy with and develop with the witches and all..

Again the SWTOR timeline we are in about 3600 BBY. The Nightsisters don't exist yet. The fallen jedi they derive from isn't even exiled there until 600 BBY. That is 3000 years from the current time in game.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomir

What is certain is that by 600 BBY, the planet's Human population had become little more than the favorite food for the rancors, reduced to hiding in the thick forests where the mighty beasts could not follow them.

The Daughters of Allya

At that time, however, a rogue Jedi Knight named Allya was banished to Dathomir by the Jedi Council. She took the leadership of the survivors, teaching the ways of the Force to the exiles, and eventually to her own children. In later centuries, Allya was remembered as single-handedly transforming Dathomiri society, credited with enslaving the entire male population under her leadership, turning the rancors from predators to friends, pets and war mounts, and codifying her teachings in the Book of Law. Some accounts even seem to suppose that she was a lone woman within an otherwise entirely male population. But in reality, these practices may have evolved over several generations, and the parallel with the matriarchal social structure of the rancors may be significant, especially given the symbiosis of the Human warrior-women and their mounts; but Allya's leadership undoubtedly laid the foundations of a unique culture, dominated by Force-using women who regarded themselves collectively as her descendants, known to outsiders as the Witches of Dathomir.

Over the centuries, the total Human population of Dathomir grew to perhaps just over five thousand, based in a relatively narrow coastal area of one of the planet's continents: even under the New Republic, more than 90% of the planet remained unexplored. The Dathomiri came to be divided into a number of reasonably permanent local clan communities, which took their names from significant geographical features such as Singing Mountain, Frenzied River, and Misty Falls. These clans, each just a few hundred strong, accounted for almost the entire planetary population, but there were also small numbers of exiles who lived outside the clan communities, including the planet's dark-siders, called Nightsisters, who at times existed in sufficient numbers to form a distinct clan. In total, the clans could probably put at least a thousand warrior-women into the field, each of them a trained Force-user and many of them riding rancor mounts.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsister

The Nightsisters were a sect of the Witches of Dathomir who embraced the usage of dark arts within their Force-driven Magicks.

Again not saying Dathomir is a bad choice. I would love it for many other reasons. But the witches and nightsisters won't be around.

Edited by Deyjarl

I would relly like to see dathomir put into the game. So we could interat with nightsisters .

Not likely to see Nightsisters unless they introduce time travel.

Edited by Deyjarl

For Dathomir, it is a major home for Rancors, A Sith Base, The Infinity Gate, and Also a lost base of the Rakata, this was WAY before the Night Sisters, although that whole story and history is awsome. Dathomir would be a great place to explore but unless BW comes up with a killer story on why we would be there IDK, I would rather see other places 1st.

Kamino, because an oceanic planet of storms might be an interesting mini-location.

A cloud city would be fun too. (Like Bespin, if Bespin existed.) I suppose I want another urban platform planet like Coruscant or Nar Shadaa, just with something cool in the background instead of more city.

While there are many planets I'd love to see in the game, I'm going to vote for Yavin IV. Why? Because it can be a replacement for Ilum as the world PVP area. I'm not a huge fan of world PVP, but I recognise the need (yes, need) for an area in the game. Yavin IV offers a variety of objective to be the focus of daily quests, and a varied environment for PVP. The jungle and ruins cut down line of sight, and break combats up into smaller groups rather than a huge zerg in one place. More tactics, more strategy, and less lag. Similar to the isle of quel'danas in WoW - a dedicated PVP area with quests. And then you can give us Kashyyk for PVE :)

i liked dathomir from playing swg and would love to have a rancor mount!

kashyyyk is ...i dont know it'd be like endor, imagine trying to load trees everywhere on your computer. i guess it could be done, it sorta worked on swg with endor.

maybe dantooine idk...that one is sorta meh.

not sure how well an ocean world like mon calimari or kamino would work out.

byss is another famous on, ryloth, carida, i mean there's just so many to choose from

Dathomir

High level content planets: Dathomir (Open -world much??? WHat a great environment for it) / Dantooine / Kashhykk

High level social planets: Naboo / Manaan maybe another

Nothing like linking the KOTOR games to this by revisiting the old sites we traveled through. Similar to the crashed Endar Spire on Taris.

Edited by Zintair