Marad/sent is a cakewalk.

Darianth

Actually... depends on what tree you specc in to, you can talent in to making Obfuscate ranged... I think its 10m, my Carnage Mara has it... I cant log to check it, on calls at work.

The thing is you have to get to the 10m mark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why suddently OP felt the urge to come at forums and try defend mara/sent with risking nerfs for his class? (snipers/gunslingers) So weird...

Translation of real OP's post :

Dear Bioware,

Plz dont nerf my mara/sent plz plz.

I keep losing by snipers/gunslingers and i feel mara is underpowered.

But if i post it like that, ppl here will tell me L2P NOOB.

So i present myself as a sniper, that kills easily maras, in order to prevent my real class (mara) for getting nerfed.

Especialy if ppl believe my lies about killing maras with me at 50% health, they ll probably think about nerfing snipers, he he he.

Well I will say L2p because I am not calling for a nerf nor QQ'ing about the class... I also never said I think the mara/sents are UP (or OP for that matter).... you do really look like you are QQ'ing now...

I didnt see anything like you said in these posts here... Where as other people whos mains were obviously other classes (mostly Sages/Sorcs) actively coming in QQ'ing and calling for a nerf and BLATENTLY try to social engineer when you can easily see in their posts that them playing the class is them just rolling one and suddenly an expert on the class.

Why suddently OP felt the urge to come at forums and try defend mara/sent with risking nerfs for his class? (snipers/gunslingers) So weird...

Translation of real OP's post :

Dear Bioware,

Plz dont nerf my mara/sent plz plz.

I keep losing by snipers/gunslingers and i feel mara is underpowered.

But if i post it like that, ppl here will tell me L2P NOOB.

So i present myself as a sniper, that kills easily maras, in order to prevent my real class (mara) for getting nerfed.

Especialy if ppl believe my lies about killing maras with me at 50% health, they ll probably think about nerfing snipers, he he he.

Im trying to prove that there is a balance. Everyone is all OMG marauders are pvp gods nobody can beat them nerf blah blah blah when in reality it's not the case. Like somebody else pointed out gunslingers have classes that destroy them as well. So yea there is a balance already.

The thing is you have to get to the 10m mark

Nahhhh, as just saying I dont think most Mara's have that since most are Anhilation and the talent is pretty high up on the Carnage tree. Its called Displacement and its a teir four 2/2 talent under carnage... so for the most part the range for most Mara/Sent will be 4m

Im trying to prove that there is a balance. Everyone is all OMG marauders are pvp gods nobody can beat them nerf blah blah blah when in reality it's not the case. Like somebody else pointed out gunslingers have classes that destroy them as well. So yea there is a balance already.

Balance?

There is 1 class that "might" be able to kill marauder.

And that class, happens to be the least played class in game...

Also. what a more effective way to defend your class than pretending to play the counter class of it, and say "i pwn them so easily, plz nerf snipers, which is my main, and buff marauders"

Example for those who cant understand it :

I am sorc, and i wanna whine about operatives that kill me within stun :

Hi, sorcs are so underpowered class, i play Operative and i pwn them so hard, i can take down 2 of the, while i have 50% at start of fight...I feel my class operative needs nerf and sorcs buff.

But i dont blame OP. He knows that forums are full of IQ 10 idiots, and here is the solid proof of it :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=439813

Just read this troll post and read the replies after...

Balance?

There is 1 class that "might" be able to kill marauder.

And that class, happens to be the least played class in game...

Also. what a more effective way to defend your class than pretending to play the counter class of it, and say "i pwn them so easily, plz nerf snipers, which is my main, and buff marauders"

Example for those who cant understand it :

I am sorc, and i wanna whine about operatives that kill me within stun :

Hi, sorcs are so underpowered class, i play Operative and i pwn them so hard, i can take down 2 of the, while i have 50% at start of fight...I feel my class operative needs nerf and sorcs buff.

But i dont blame OP. He knows that forums are full of IQ 10 idiots, and here is the solid proof of it :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=439813

Just read this troll post and read the replies after...

The funny thing is I don't pretend I actually play both class and my main is actually a deception assassin. I definitely DO NOT think marauders need a buff they just need to stay where they are.

Yeah Sorc is strong against sniper., sniper strong against marauder, marauder strong against sorc.

Sorcerers are not strong against snipers. I feel bad for sorcerers when I'm playing my sniper. It's not a fair fight for them, at all.

Sorcerers are not strong against snipers. I feel bad for sorcerers when I'm playing my sniper. It's not a fair fight for them, at all.

It depends on the spec of the sniper/gs. You are seeing far less sharpshooters than we did before. SS fighting a sorc will pretty much eat him alive. The downside is yo uare a stationary character. The newer lethality spec is a bit more difficult vs a sorc but has an easier time kiting melee.

Edited by HurricaneXXIV

A good mara can kill snipers...There are 10 times more maras than snipers, thats why snipers say they dont have problem killing them..

As a jugg i kill 9/10 maras i meet in 1v1...Most of them are keyboard turners that reroll the most OP class in game.

A good mara can kill snipers...There are 10 times more maras than snipers, thats why snipers say they dont have problem killing them..

As a jugg i kill 9/10 maras i meet in 1v1...Most of them are keyboard turners that reroll the most OP class in game.

and you know this because you play a mara too?

What is pretty much accepted by other mara/sents that GS and Sniper are their deadliest oponents?

The only reason I kill GS and Snipers is because most are terribad, the good snipers and GS can at worst case scenario keep me locked down, the really good ones kill me...

What is pretty much accepted by other mara/sents that GS and Sniper are their deadliest oponents?

The only reason I kill GS and Snipers is because most are terribad, the good snipers and GS can at worst case scenario keep me locked down, the really good ones kill me...

I know that because i pwn snipers as jugg, and i have half the tools they do...

I know that because i pwn snipers as jugg, and i have half the tools they do...

So in essence what you are REALLY trying to say is this..

"I know Marauders because I play a Juggernaught."

ughhhhhh....

ID-10-T

Also :

99% dmg reduction for 5 sec

stealth for 6 sec with move speed and dmg reduce

-90% accurancy debuff on them

20% dmg reduction for 30 sec

-30% aoe dmg reduciton passive (talent, if u have it) vs orbital strike

How exactly they keep u locked down and kill u? They do ghandalf tricks?

It takes something more than faceroll to kill them, unlike other classes...

L2p issues much?

Edited by unicornfive

So in essence what you are REALLY trying to say is this..

"I know Marauders because I play a Juggernaught."

ughhhhhh....

ID-10-T

I got less dps than maras, i got less survivability than maras, i got no stealth to sneak on them

And yet, i still manage to kill them... They are annoying but i can kill them. I must have lost once or twice vs a sniper, cause they found me in the open and i couldnt los entrench...

Edited by unicornfive

Also :

99% dmg reduction for 5 sec

stealth for 6 sec with move speed and dmg reduce

-90% accurancy debuff on them

20% dmg reduction for 30 sec

-30% aoe dmg reduciton passive (talent, if u have it) vs orbital strike

How exactly they keep u locked down and kill u? They do ghandalf tricks?

It takes something more than faceroll to kill them, unlike other classes...

L2p issues much?

a week ago you were bad mouthing Mara's, and now you are in support and KNOW them... Hmm lets take a look in the way back machine shall we....

04.22.2012, 07:45 PM

Replies: 14

Balance?? Where?

Views: 431

Posted By unicornfive

Balance?? Where?

I have a question about something that none mentioned.

WHY The highest dps class in game mara/sent have ALSO Healing debuff ???

Are you serious Bioware??? The odds of surviving a mara as healer...

Hmmmmmm sarcasm??? ok lets check this one out....

04.21.2012, 11:46 AM

Replies: 22

What most people say in this forum is wrong~

Views: 863

Posted By unicornfive

You clearly havent met premade of 3 rage...

You clearly havent met premade of 3 rage marauders + healer.

After u meet one, i wanna see if still u insist on your topic.

Wow no hate for Mara's now do we? OK just ONE more (i could go on forever)

04.20.2012, 08:33 PM

Replies: 30

Nerf this, Nerf that

Views: 801

Posted By unicornfive

Solid proof that mara is way overpower compared...

Solid proof that mara is way overpower compared to juggs.

Rage spec is common between jugg and mara .

BUT

Mara has defensive cds that jugg doesnt.

And the more important

Jugg has only...

Sure as heck seems like you dont play or know one... and since Mara's are soooooo OP and you play a Jugg and they are exactly alike, that means Juggs need a nerf too eh?

:rolleyes:

ID-10-T !!!!!

Edited by Blloodbane

Sure as heck seems like you dont play or know one... and since Mara's are soooooo OP and you play a Jugg and they are exactly alike, that means Juggs need a nerf too eh?

Which part are you arguing about him over; that Marauders do more DPS than Juggs, that they have more Defensive cooldowns, or both?

a week ago you were bad mouthing Mara's, and now you are in support and KNOW them... Hmm lets take a look in the way back machine shall we....

Hmmmmmm sarcasm??? ok lets check this one out....

Wow no hate for Mara's now do we? OK just ONE more (i could go on forever)

:rolleyes:

ID-10-T !!!!!

Thanks for proving my post that 99% of ppl that posting here are stupid....

In all my posts that u stalked, im indicating how Overpowered marauders are....

But since u are unable to use your brain, u cant understand simple things.

I also noticed that everytime i post something, i see your stupid troll posts following...

I got less dps than maras, i got less survivability than maras, i got no stealth to sneak on them

And yet, i still manage to kill them... They are annoying but i can kill them. I must have lost once or twice vs a sniper, cause they found me in the open and i couldnt los entrench...

You take less damage. I play a GS, I'd rather shoot a Mara. They really only use 1 cd that would make me not lay into them and it lasts for 5 seconds.

Which part are you arguing about him over; that Marauders do more DPS than Juggs, that they have more Defensive cooldowns, or both?

I am arguing he doesnt know what he is talking about AND he's trying to social engineer things like others...

If thats all you were thinking please READ the posts and the comprehension might show a little more..

Nice try though trying to trap me...

Edited by Blloodbane

You take less damage. I play a GS, I'd rather shoot a Mara. They really only use 1 cd that would make me not lay into them and it lasts for 5 seconds.

Do u know what cloak of pain means? i guess not

Do u know what obfuscate means? i guess not

U only see the most obvious which is the undying rage...

Edited by unicornfive

Do u know what cloak of pain means? i guess not

Yes, it's an ability that won't make me stop shooting him and has a high likely hood of falling off in the time that I leg shot and move.

Play a GS or a Sniper, we see a difference in high and medium armor.

Yes, it's an ability that won't make me stop shooting him and has a high likely hood of falling off in the time that I leg shot and move.

Play a GS or a Sniper, we see a difference in high and medium armor.

The difference on heavy and medium armor is 4%.

And its proven on so many posts over and over...

Thanks for proving my post that 99% of ppl that posting here are stupid....

In all my posts that u stalked, im indicating how Overpowered marauders are....

But since u are unable to use your brain, u cant understand simple things.

I also noticed that everytime i post something, i see your stupid troll posts following...

You are most welcome for showing what lying and what a poser is about LAWL!!!!

Anyone just has to go look at YOUR posts... you go from talking trash about the class and how underpowered and weak healers and OP the Mara is....then recently you try to play like you know the class and junk....

Seriously anyone wants to see you flip flop and look worse than a current Repub candidate that cant get things right,,, Just click on your name and look at all your posts.... Its frapping hilarious...I only made it to the 2nd page before I couldnt stop myself laughing like crazy and sad thats enough...

You even have a player of the class telling you how it plays and you KNOW that class too...:rolleyes:

Edited by Blloodbane

I am arguing he doesnt know what he is talking about AND he's trying to social engineer things like others...

If thats all you were thinking please READ the posts and the comprehension might show a little more..

Nice try though trying to trap me...

"social engineer". . . . . ? . . . . .

Anyway - this isn't a trap, its an attempt to highlight to you how ridiculous your attempt to counter his argument is. It is simply a matter of fact that Marauders are designed to do more DPS than a Jugg. It is also simply a matter of fact that Marauders have more defensive cooldowns than a Jugg. So when a Jugg says that he has no problems killing a Sniper, chances are if you put a Marauder in the hands of the same player he would kill that Sniper just as easily. THAT is the point of the post and its a solid one.

This isn't to say that a Jugg doesn't have its merits. A fully Tank specced Jugg is not an easy target to kill (at the expense of a good amount of DPS) and Juggs have - in my humble opinion - WAY more group utility than a Marauder by the grace of their Taunts and ability to Guard. But again, if you are an Immortal specced Jugg (tank spec), you are not going to survive the DPS/mitigation race against a Sniper so obviously the Jugg has to be more DPS oriented. If that Jugg in question can burn down a Sniper than a Marauder, with more DPS and more survival tools while keeping that DPS, will be able to do it even easier.

Not too hard of a concession to make mate. No need to get defensive about it.