Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Does Weapon DPS matter?

I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this anywhere, but does the base dps of the weapon increase your damage as much as it did for WoW for example?

My current understanding of it, is that it is the secondary stats that primarily increases our dmg rather than the rating of the hilt.

Thanks

Rail shot, Unload, Rapid Shots = Weapon Damage

Everything else = Tech Power.

Instead of taking the barrel from a war hero gun I used an old battle master one and just ripped mods from some boots to make my augmented gun. I just miss like 3 aim and endurange and about 30 max dmg. should I have gone with a wh weapon? so expensive

Edited by Hardened

Instead of taking the barrel from a war hero gun I used an old battle master one and just ripped mods from some boots to make my augmented gun. I just miss like 3 aim and endurange and about 30 max dmg. should I have gone with a wh weapon? so expensive

Well eventually if you PvP enough you'll get comms for everything anyways. I picked up some armor pieces before I bought the gun myself.

Edited by exphryl

Rail shot, Unload, Rapid Shots = Weapon Damage

Everything else = Tech Power.

This. Tech power is equal to power, but for tech attacks only. Weapon (barrel) and offhand are the only sources of tech power and they come with a large chunk of it, so its a pretty big upgrade.

Not sure how it works out for what peices are worth more on pvp gear.

Actually no, every ability is based off your weapon.

Wrong. All of our abilities other than rail shot, rapid shots, and unload are tech attacks, and factor in the tech power from the weapon rather than the damage on the weapon. Also, tech attacks aren't subject to avoidance or misses, outside of special situations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.