Heroic Moment...

Yeah, 'heroic moment'... is there ever a moment?

With my Sith Warrior after I aquired Heroic Force choke I could use it as a second choke in all of the remaining campaign's elite/boss fights, which was cool and seemed appropriate.

But now, with my lvl 30 Inquisitor @Alderaan, I swear there never ever was a single heroic moment so far, which is quite disillusioning.

Any ideas what may be the reason for this?

The only thing I could think of is that I have to complete chapter 1 or something like that, which seems weird as I had all the other legacy related abilities right from the start.

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

Uhm... yeah, just had to fight Rehanna Rist on Alderaan, which obviously should be considered a "heroic" foe where the ability applies and yeah, nothing... and I can't remember the ability ever becoming clickable in any fight against story elites or normal elites previous to that encounter.

As I said, my SI is lvl 30 by now...

Huge letdown so far.

Great, so that means mine is simply bugged and I'm screwed? Awesome.

I also just noted that it is listed as "Tech" and not "Force". Might this have to do anything with my problem, since I'm a SI and actually have no other Tech-abilities?

Uhm... yeah, just had to fight Rehanna Rist on Alderaan, which obviously should be considered a "heroic" foe where the ability applies and yeah, nothing... and I can't remember the ability ever becoming clickable in any fight against story elites or normal elites previous to that encounter.

As I said, my SI is lvl 30 by now...

Huge letdown so far.

You must have a companion out, and use the ability "Heroic Moment" for the Legacy abilities to work...

You don't understand the ability properly.

Heroic Moment is usable any time you have an active companion. While the Heroic Moment buff is active, you can use your Heroic Moment enabled abilities (like your Force Choke). Heroic Moment on its own is essentially a survivability CD with a refresh of the CD of one of your abilities (I believe it's the 4 second stun as an Inq).

Heroic Moment does not enable itself. You have to click it.

You don't understand the ability properly.

Heroic Moment is usable any time you have an active companion. While the Heroic Moment buff is active, you can use your Heroic Moment enabled abilities (like your Force Choke). Heroic Moment on its own is essentially a survivability CD with a refresh of the CD of one of your abilities (I believe it's the 4 second stun as an Inq).

Heroic Moment does not enable itself. You have to click it.

Interesting... so I have been just blind until now? Oo

But why did it ever work with my warrior?

Just a sec. Checking for the buff in my abilities.

Khem was with me all the time.

And how can I use the ability since it's always grayed out on the quickbar? That's my whole issue... :(

Your heroic moment has a 20 minute cool down.

Also you have to click your heroic moment, then click your force choke, lightening storm, orbital strike. etc.

So in reality you have to click 2 abilities.

Khem was with me all the time.

And how can I use the ability since it's always grayed out on the quickbar? That's my whole issue... :(

Which ability is grayed out?

If you're talking force choke... it's because you haven't used your heroic moment: channel the force cooldown.

if you're saying that your heroic moment: channel the force ability is always grayed out.... well, I've never seen that issue.

It sounds like you're expecting that your heroic moment: channel the force is going to be automatically activated... and that's just not the case.

Ok, just to get this straight: There's no actual Heroic moment buff ability I have to click BEFORE I can use Legacy Force choke in an capaign boss fight.

Just reapplied the abillity to the quickbar. Don't think it'll help, but will see in a couple of minutes. Still have to kill Rist's Jedi Master lover. ;)

I was soloing with my low level smuggler, when I noticed a newer player doing the same. We grouped up for a heroic quest, got down into the dungeon, and started killing stuff. The new player pulled three groups accidentally, and after about 20 seconds of chaos and running madly trying to outdistance the mobs, he died. I hit Heroic moment and some other cooldowns, healed myself, healed Bowdaar who was taking up the slack, busted out a Force choke and a bunch of aoe, then took down the remaining elites after a few more heals.

Needless to say, the new guy was impressed.

THAT is why you have Heroic Moment. :cool:

Which ability is grayed out?

If you're talking force choke... it's because you haven't used your heroic moment: channel the force cooldown.

if you're saying that your heroic moment: channel the force ability is always grayed out.... well, I've never seen that issue.

It sounds like you're expecting that your heroic moment: channel the force is going to be automatically activated... and that's just not the case.

Oh... that explains things.

I indeed didn't understand the mechanic correctly it seems. Thanks a lot guys.