Actual Jedi Robes?

JediKnightJax

How come Jedi Knights (Guardians AND Sentinels) are able to actually obtain Jedi-esque robes (Like the ones EVERY Jedi on Tython wears), yet Consulars have to dress like they crafted their force robes out of some things they found in a dumpster behind a fast food place on Coruscant?

I realize we're not Knights and that's fine, but I'm having a real issue with immersion running around in some crazy looking blue robe or even our crazy brown.. striped bathrobes.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by JediKnightJax

How come Jedi Knights (Guardians AND Sentinels) are able to actually obtain Jedi-esque robes (Like the ones EVERY Jedi on Tython wears), yet Consulars have to dress like they crafted their force robes out of some things they found in a dumpster behind a fast food place on Coruscant?

I realize we're not Knights and that's fine, but I'm having a real issue with immersion running around in some crazy looking blue robe or even our crazy brown.. striped bathrobes.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

LOL, I loved your behind-Coruscant analogy.

I also enjoy the Knight robes much, much more than ours. I like the colors of a lot of the endgame options for my Consular (I love the Rakata gear), but I just wish it were tailored to fit the same way the Knight armor does and looked less like a dress.

I agree when it comes to Jedi, they missed the mark on looks for our equipment. Sith are on the money! BH are a hit/miss depending on the set. but Jedi.. well I hope someone had a stern talking to at BW.

LOL, I loved your behind-Coruscant analogy.

I also enjoy the Knight robes much, much more than ours. I like the colors of a lot of the endgame options for my Consular (I love the Rakata gear), but I just wish it were tailored to fit the same way the Knight armor does and looked less like a dress.

Thanks! Totally off the top of my head too.

I haven't seen much of the end-game gear myself other than what the PvP vendors sell. Thing is I love everything about the Consular class except how they dress.. I'll be sporting one of these until Bioware adds some better looking robes. Also going to keep my thumbs crossed for a blasted hood toggle option!

I agree when it comes to Jedi, they missed the mark on looks for our equipment. Sith are on the money! BH are a hit/miss depending on the set. but Jedi.. well I hope someone had a stern talking to at BW.

So true. Sith look incredible. Reminds me of when I first played Jedi Knight and Kira randomly turned to my character and said something like.. "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing these days? It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy joined the Dark side". :jawa_frown:

Edited by JediKnightJax

The good news is, Consulars get the best-looking, most iconic, Jedi robes in the game as part of their Tattoine class quest.

The bad news is they're unmoddable whites with no stats.

The reason is Bioware is stubbornly clinging to the foolish idea that each class has to be immediately visually identifiable for PvP balance. It's dumb, and wrong, and all sorts of evil, but I'm not optimistic is will change any time soon.

The omenbringer robe and a pair of orange pants is workable, but it's not exactly what I was hoping for.

I Just started playing a Consular after playing a Knight to 50 and one of the things I like is the robes, I have seen Halloween Jedi costumes that look better than the "robes" the guardians get, not to mention we only get 1 actual robe model with different colors/textures and that's it

Sure the Consular robes are over the top, but at least they have this Kimono-ish feel to them that works well on a Jedi.

I do wish Iconic Jedi robes where in the game though, but alas neither the Consular nor the Knight have them :(

Sith are a disaster. Both the PvE and PvE sets for Inqui and Warrior are horrid, with only the Warrior being able to used without feeling my character came out of Mordor.

The early Jedi armor is great, both my Sage and my Sent are wearing robes from the Gree quest, which very much look like traditional Jedi garb. Unfortunatly, the endgame gear for both those classes are almost as bad as the Sith gear.

Edited by Toonces

If I could post a picture I would, but my Jedi Consular Shadow is using the Omenbringer's Robes and Skirt. With some general brown boots, gloves, and a somewhat matching belt, it looks like jedi robes. Only thing I dislike is that it is a skirt, but I can't find any legs that seem to fit with the robes.

Note: Im only a 47, so I don't know if Ill be able to keep them or not. IF you can take the mods out of the tier gear, then I will, but again Im not sure if it works that way.

Edited by Sajanus

Only thing I dislike is that it is a skirt, but I can't find any legs that seem to fit with the robes.

Try the crafted Traditional Demicot Robes (which are actually pants) or the pants from the comms vendor on Alderaan and toggle on match-to-chest, either of those should work fairly well colour-matched.

I currently have... But am not using, a Mod-able Brown "traditional" Jedi robe, its just sitting in my cargo hold since i Found a Pretty decent white "Consular" Robe I'm wearing... But Point is they Do exist... I can't remember the items exact name but Its a Brown robe with the Hood and everything... If I get a chance To look tonight I'll update the post with the item name.

As For The Skirts... There are Some Pants you can make for light armor in Synthweaving, and There are a few that drop... And there is always the Ones at the Alderaan Comms vendor (thats where I got mine)