War Hero Gear vs Campaign Gear

ElintSlave

I'm not implying either should be "better", the only thing i'd like to see is gear coming out of PvP be better for PvP and vice versa and have stats reflecting such. And in my opinion it's stupid to require 2 diffrent sets of gear to play the same game. And one of the biggest flaws in the current standard MMO formula.

I have to level craftig on multiple characters to make the armors, weapons, mods, stims and medpacks I need on my main to play the same game. I should be allowed to level one crafting and be able to make everything.

It's one of the biggest flaws in the current standard MMO formula.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there such a huge stat allocation difference between two same item level gear sets? I added all the stats from just only the 5 main pieces: gloves, head, chest, boots, and pants from the marauder sets and there is a 279 point difference. If you included the stats from every single item slot, the difference between the stat points are immense. As a pvper with full War Hero gear, you can do both PvP and PvE comfortably considering that both gear sets will be hitting soft caps anyways making the gains from the PvE set even less noticeable. However if you were to wear campaign gear to warzones, you'll get absolutely wrecked due to how much a difference expertise makes. How is this even considered balance?

Marauder 5 piece set

War Hero Gear = 2106 Stat Points

Strength = 461 (-141)

Endurance = 537 (-108)

Expertise = 550 (+550)

Power = 61 (-2)

Critical Rating = 232 (0)

Accuracy = 106 (+49)

Surge = 159 (-69)

Campaign Gear = 1827 Stat Points

Strength = 602 (+141)

Endurance = 645 (+108)

Expertise = 0 (-550)

Power = 63 (+2)

Critical Rating = 232 (0)

Accuracy = 57 (-49)

Surge = 228 (+69)

I can guarantee that you won't be killing heroic mode fights in PvE with PvP gear. The stat allocation is so poorly optimized for PvE for every class. Expertise has a HUGE stat budget which pretty much kills that.

For the record, I PvE and have cleared every encounter in this game on NM (HM in EC obviously). PvP gear has no place there.

I can guarantee that you won't be killing heroic mode fights in PvE with PvP gear. The stat allocation is so poorly optimized for PvE for every class. Expertise has a HUGE stat budget which pretty much kills that.

For the record, I PvE and have cleared every encounter in this game on NM (HM in EC obviously). PvP gear has no place there.

Well I've cleared everything also, and I can guarantee you I can tank it Battlemaster gear or War Hero gear. Don't tell me what I can or cannot do. Rakata has such crappy mitigation stats. War Hero is way better for tanking than Rakata.

PvP armoring has no place there (except for tanks for the armor increase vs. Rakata). The enhancements/mods are almost exactly the same as the equivalent PvE tier. That means, for the players that play more than just your slotted raid hours - they'd be better off PvP'ing for PvE upgrades than PvE'ing for PvE upgrades (since they're going to be locked out of the instances that have upgrades). The issue is, war hero mods/enhancements are upgrades to Rakata mods/enhancements. That should not be the case. It's a poor design and needs to be corrected.

Rakata Adept Enhancement: http://www.torhead.com/item/dyXw8Xh/advanced-adept-enhancement-25

War Hero Adept Enhancement: http://www.torhead.com/item/8pxfywz/war-heros-adept-enhancement-26

Rakata Deft Mod Beta: http://www.torhead.com/item/hmXGK1o/advanced-deft-mod-25b

War Hero Def Mod Beta: http://www.torhead.com/item/yJ8NWb/war-heros-deft-mod-26b

Edited by Semitote

• 1 month later...
So expertise is worth less on the item stat budget even though it's the most overpowered stat in PvP? It does more in one stat then any of the other stats in PvE. It increases damage, mitigation and healing.

Expertise works ONLY for PvP, and other stats works in both PvP and PvE, so expertise is worth half of other stats.

550/2=275

So it is:

WH total=1831

CG=1827

And they are almost same.