Can Commadoes solo heal hard flashpoints?

So i have a level 50 sage and our 4 person group has just started doing hard flashpoints. After 3 tries we have completed Taral 5 and are moving on to the next ones..

In parallel i have leveled up a new commando healer so that we can do 8 man operations with another 3 friends.

My questions:

1. I would like to run some hard flashpoints as well with teh commando healer but he seems to be MUCH less of a healer than my sage. There is a bit more mobility which i like with a few of his heals but the AOE heal is too weak. I had a very hard time in Taral 5 with force, but i suspect whiile that may be of less an issue with the commandoes ammo, that i will not be able to heal when the dps guys get some aggro with adds while the tank is focussed on boss like types.

2. Can a sage and commando duo heal operations?

My sage is a combo of champion/BM gear. The commando is Recruit gear.

Please advise what your experience has been to show it is possible, and maybe what gear you have and strategy.

Cheers!

Edited by pauldevries

So i have a level 50 sage and our 4 person group has just started doing hard flashpoints. After 3 tries we have completed Taral 5 and are moving on to the next ones..

In parallel i have leveled up a new commando healer so that we can do 8 man operations with another 3 friends.

My questions:

1. I would like to run some hard flashpoints as well with teh commando healer but he seems to be MUCH less of a healer than my sage. There is a bit more mobility which i like with a few of his heals but the AOE heal is too weak. I had a very hard time in Taral 5 with force, but i suspect whiile that may be of less an issue with the commandoes ammo, that i will not be able to heal when the dps guys get some aggro with adds while the tank is focussed on boss like types.

2. Can a sage and commando duo heal operations?

My sage is a combo of champion/BM gear. The commando is Recruit gear.

Please advise what your experience has been to show it is possible, and maybe what gear you have and strategy.

Cheers!

Yes Commando can heal Hardmode Flashpoints and all Operations. I occasionally heal on my Commando from time to time when a guildie levels a new alt that needs to run Hardmodes and we can't find a healer. Once you get used to the ammo management you are fine. Our AOE is weaker than Sage's AOE for sure but having played both I feel our single target is better which a lot of the time is what you'll use anyway unless your group is all grouped up.

As for operations, Commando is absolutely viable in them. One of our main healers is a Commando healer and we don't have any healing issues in Operations. Again from my own experience, it is more frustrating trying to heal the entire raid with our bad AOE heals compared to Sage but it is still more than viable. I'm sure if you play a healer fulltime it won't be as frustrating(I mainly DPS unless we're down a healer).

You can heal any flashpoint with any healer.

As long as you don't have 2 combat medics in hardmode EC or KP you will also be fine. That said, the more combat medics you bring the harder things will be on the op.

Out of desperation my guild asked me to heal for HM Battle of Ilum. We had no issues despite it being my first time in that FP. Our guild Ops leader is a commando healer, so they are definitely viable.

I would suggest getting lots of experience healing with them though. Ammo management can take a little getting used to.

Thanks all!

We have geared up all of our characters in last few days and i must admit that teh hard mode flashpoints are actually becoming reasonably easy now for the sage and the few heroic level 50s have been no problem for the commando healer.

We will try the commando hard ops this weekend....

I healed HM Lost Island several days ago. It's challenging but doable if everyone knows their roles. Unless the tank misses an interrupt too late on Incinerate on LR-5, I can keep the tank alive for the most part with Green Beam of Win.