The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which PvP Set for ST?

seabromd

Hey all,

So I've heard varying reports on what's best for ST in PvP... currently I'm donning the Combat Tech set. For WH, what should I grab? Is it still Combat Tech?

My goal is still to be a hardy, steady DPSing, harasser that can hold his teammates up for a while.

I largely queue solo due to my awkward play time schedule.

Hey all,

So I've heard varying reports on what's best for ST in PvP... currently I'm donning the Combat Tech set. For WH, what should I grab? Is it still Combat Tech?

My goal is still to be a hardy, steady DPSing, harasser that can hold his teammates up for a while.

I largely queue solo due to my awkward play time schedule.

FYI, if you already have BM Combat tech you can ONLY trade it for WH combat tech. Dont ask about the logic behind such a ridiculous exchange system, but that's the way it is. If you will want another type of WH set, you will need to grind for another full set of BM of the same type.

That said, if you are going in as a tank with "max dps", I would say stick with combat tech. If you want to maximize control and/or defenses then just look at the 2pc bonus of SC, CT and CM and decide which would be more appropriate for your playstyle.

2 CT, and 2 SC.

Other than that, run screaming from ST.

Why they did it, gear grind. I think they do a great job on that. I can't wait to see how they break all the mods, or return them to default on the WH gear come next patch.

Well at the moment there's no multi spec, and in PvE I'm largely a tank. I've found that ST functions adequately in PvP so far... so, kind of sticking with that.

Otherwise, there's no heavy need for Supercommando then? But would that work better?

Secondly, it wouldn't be terrible if Supercommando worked as it could double for my PvE (not in a competitive PvE guild, just run some of the lower end stuff for the enjoyment of it).

Again, have people found it's more fun as Combat Tech? or vice versa?