PTS and ranked bgs

Shingara

Keep watching the PTS forum. When they open it up again, they'll have a new build up and ready for testing. They should also post what they are looking to have tested. I imagine that ranked BGs will be something they'd make known, as soon as they were ready to be tested.

What I'm a little confused about is that I got the impression from the last minute post they made before 1.2 that they were very close to releasing the PVP ranked system but wanted to add some final polish.

The length of time since the release of 1.2 suggests that it wasn't a lack of polish but rather incomplete.

Has anyone else heard anything that suggests otherwise?

The length of time since the release of 1.2 suggests that it wasn't a lack of polish but rather incomplete.

I think people just underestimate how long it takes to implement these complex game systems.

I think people just underestimate how long it takes to implement these complex game systems.

Probably, but that's not really what I'm getting at.

Given that we were notified at the last minute it gave the impression that they were very close to release on it but it just lacked that final finishing touch.

the (is it two weeks?) time since 1.2 launched suggests a lot more needed doing and whilst I assure you I'm not conspiracy theory'ing here, it does beg the question... perhaps they are adding more, I don't know but I'm curious to know if anyone else has heard anything.

Honestly, the best thing they can do is keep quiet about ranked BGs. After the firestorm of haterade from the last minute yanking of them out of the 1.2 patch, they know that any perceived delay would cause more people to rage over the injustice. Even if they say something as "harmless" as "we should be done soon" it's going to be a problem because "soon" to a PvP'er might mean tomorrow or the next day, where as "soon" to a developer/tester might mean a month or more depending on how many glitches they find and have to fix.

Everyone knows they're on the way and that Bioware thinks they're important. And that's probably all we'll know until they're in a state of "nearly done and ready to be tested." I wouldn't expect to see updates like "might be done in 3 weeks" or anything with a timescale for them. (of course, right after I post this, they'll make an announcement that rated BG's will be out on a specific date...)

Edited by mathisk

What I'm a little confused about is that I got the impression from the last minute post they made before 1.2 that they were very close to releasing the PVP ranked system but wanted to add some final polish.

I actually think that they have it sorted now but dont know how to drop it in pre season for rewards and ranking. That make sense to others.