Crafting (Synthweaving) Orange armor

HGSolo

Most crew sill can be done with ( at least at low lvl) A harvesting skill and a mission skill. So why does Synthweaving which is/should set up for archeology & underworld trading also require scavenging for even low lvl crafts?

Shouldn't the materials needed for orange gear use the blue metals from underworld trading rather then scavenging?

This would it to follow suit to how other skills work. Armor mech needs scavenging and underworld trading and works fine ( may need minor reworks) Bioanalysis works all the way to the end with biochem and diplomacy.

But synthweaving goes completely in left field to need another harvesting all together when what should really have been used was the materials from underworld trading particularly when crafting the orange armoring.

Someone should really rework this .

I can see and understand the aspect of maybe more advanced and end game stuff needing a cross spectrum of items but low lvl entry items should not.

Yeah, it's bit of a bummer that to be effective Synthweaver you need Archeology, Scavenging, Underworld Trading and Slicing. I assume it's ment to encourage trading but that's not really happening and you're far better off leveling an alt to get those materials yourself. Since you don't need to hit max level to get top grade materials, all you need is few companions and that character can sit at the fleet, pumping out materials while you're doing something else.

And because of how Archeology missions are split, you kinda want to have second character with Archeology to collect grade 6 artifact fragments because those are in fairly limited supply despite being used for everything you craft.

Edited by Crommi

Agree with above. If all of us were a completly self sufficiant island with no need for any other players crafting materials or items, the economy would eventually die and all the shiny stuff you make would not sell on the GTN either, and eventually no one would bother crafting anything.

So any sort of cross interaction that forces players to share, and encourage crafting, or trading items is good. Im synthweaving 400, and I dont like that I have to buy the purple slicing items to make the new implants, but Id be eaqually upset if no one was willing to buy the implants I make with those materials. Who knows, the money I gave to that slicer may be used to buy my crafted item.....or maybe the money will end up in your pocket if he buys one of your items. Healthy economy keeps us crafting and playing and buying shiny stuff.

But I agree, if you really want to be an island, make an alt who can get those mats for you.......... tho if you reeeally want to be a self sufficiant island that does not need to rely on any other players, I hear KOTOR is a pretty cool single player game.

I understand and agree with what you are saying for the most part that crafting should be a community thing but all other crafts are at least self reliant in the begging but not this one.

I think at the lower tiers that you should be able to craft with what you can do yourself now at the top tier I think it should take a larger effort.

My problem is two part first the other crafts are self sufficient in the begging for the most part at least with the basics of that craft (not augments)

next with the demands for orange gear this has placed a double or triple;e need for materials and made other materials next to worthless.

the metal needed for low end metal armors in synthweaving should be coming from underworld trading not the metals and compounds from scavenging. I think this was a mistake and could/should be easy corrected.

Hoping that by addressing it here something could be done.

As it stands, the economy isn't sufficient - for all of the GTN's failings and the fact that on most servers (European ones are virtually all 'light' populations at all times) means that there is no real trade, no constantly shifting market with both goods and raw resources...

There's the occasional top-levels selling Boss-drop crafting rewards and occasional high-level purple-rarity mission crew skill rewards that sit there if you're lucky.. Otherwise nothing.