My understanding on Anakin Skywalker

krystianswtor

My understanding on Anakin Skywalker is.. because he fell to the darkside , he was a poor excuse for a Jedi Knight and I dont get how Obi Wan or the rest of the Jedi Council didnt see this? Obiously because of his tendancies to the darkside he was very poor material for a Jedi.

right?

He wasn't a poor excuse for a jedi, he did some good things. He was just too easily conflicted with his emotions, being that he started training at an older age then most therefore he experienced things a youngling that is taken in at the start differently. The jedi did their best in training him, the rest was up to Anakin himself. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well, there's a reason why Jedi must be taken to the Temple at such an early age: They must never know the desire for love. Love leads to jealousy, jealousy leads to anger, etc. Since Anakin was too old, he already had that desire, and even years of training could not undo that. It was his love that turned him to the dark side. Also why I don't choose any romance options. Lol. But back on topic: The council did sense his dark future, but it was hazy, because "Clouds everything, the Dark Side does." My theory is also that he employed more emotion-fueled techniques during the Clone Wars. This may have also lead to his corruption. But, in the end, in his desperation to save his beloved, Darth Sidious subtlely manipulated him into becoming his pawn.

Not as much pawn as his own apprentice and would be legacy, but all in all, destiny is hard to accurately predict and to fight. Anakin did not become as what the Jedi had hoped for, nor was Vader completely able to forgive himself and destroy Anakin, thus overcoming his cripples and fully recover and unlock his previous potential and raw force power as Darth Sidious had intended and hoped.

'' A special destiny is not always something joyous, or easy to bear. My father had a special destiny, and see where it took him. ''

In the end, the prophecy of the chosen one and the return of balance to the force was fulfilled.

Anakin was both awesome Jedi and awesome Sith, the force and destiny simply had unpredictable intentions.

The Chosen One

Edited by Goggymonstah