Xalek>>>Ashara

Darth_Solrac

I have never been happier to be wrong (see my post yesterday). I stripped Ashara of her implants, gave em to Xalek, gave em a new sash, gloves, bracers, boots, headgear, my old vestments & robe. He now has bout 11.5k health, 2400 armor, 830 endurance, bout the same willpower.

He's awesome. No bugs that I've seen. Just wish we could get em earlier! Ship duty Ashara!

Edited by Darth_Solrac

the bug with Xalek is that he is supposed to be a RANGED dps/ tank but if you are a sorcerer this will actually work to your advantage. us sinners on the other hand have a real problem with him. enjoy it while it lasts but if he ever gets fixed you will probably be better off with Khem. Edited by Meeth

the bug with Xalek is that he is supposed to be a RANGED dps/ tank but if you are a sorcerer this will actually work to your advantage. us sinners on the other hand have a real problem with him. enjoy it while it lasts but if he ever gets fixed you will probably be better off with Khem.

Then....NEVER! BUGS FOR LIFE! It's awesome watching us both barrage a target with dual lightning.

Yea, Xalek's bug is that no matter how much Shield or Absorb rating the gear you give him has, it doesn't improve. He's the only such bugged companion in the game.

The numbers below are based upon my gearing of Khem and Xalek a while ago. This is also with me stripping out some of his purple lvl 56 enhancements in favor of blue 49 since the worse ones had defense (which is his only usable stat) instead of shield/absorb. - point being, the difference would be even bigger if I hadn't customized his gear.

Numbers follow:

Xalek's Shield generator absorption is 20% regardless of gear

Tooltip even says "Absorption rating (240) +0.00%"

In contrast Khem Val gets a 10.59% increase for having an absorption rating of 106 (going from 20 to 30.59%

Shield rating itself Khem for example is at 33.31% from a base of 5% + 20% from skills and an additional 8.31% from his shield rating of 144.

Meanwhile, Xalek is at a flat 25% (5% base 20% skill) regardless of his gear's shield rating.

Khem has a 29.94% damage reduction from his heavy armor while Xalek has only 24.05% from light armor (including the skill to buff it by 42%)

So with roughly equal gear (mostly Tier 2) Khem has ~24.5% (29.94/24.05) more damage reduction, 33.2% (33.31/25) better chance to shield an attack, and 53% (30.59/20) more absorption of the shielded attack.

The only thing in Xalek's favor is 1200 more health (only ~6.5%) He's statistically vastly inferior as a tank.

Edited by DarthPierce

Yea, Xalek's bug is that no matter how much Shield or Absorb rating the gear you give him has, it doesn't improve. He's the only such bugged companion in the game.

The numbers below are based upon my gearing of Khem and Xalek a while ago. This is also with me stripping out some of his purple lvl 56 enhancements in favor of blue 49 since the worse ones had defense (which is his only usable stat) instead of shield/absorb. - point being, the difference would be even bigger if I hadn't customized his gear.

Numbers follow:

Xalek's Shield generator absorption is 20% regardless of gear

In contrast Khem Val gets a 10.59% increase for having an absorption rating of 106 (going from 20 to 30.59%

Shield rating itself Khem for example is at 33.31% from a base of 5% + 20% from skills and an additional 8.31% from his shield rating of 144.

Meanwhile, Xalek is at a flat 25% (5% base 20% skill) regardless of his gear's shield rating.

Khem has a 29.94% damage reduction from his heavy armor while Xalek has only 24.05% from light armor (including the skill to buff it by 42%)

So with roughly equal gear (mostly Tier 2) Khem has ~24.5% (29.94/24.05) more damage reduction, 33.2% (33.31/25) better chance to shield an attack, and 53% (30.59/20) more absorption of the shielded attack.

The only thing in Xalek's favor is 1200 more health (only ~6.5%) He's statistically vastly inferior as a tank.

i was unaware of this bug but Xalek also runs right up to any mob he is attacking and engages them at point blank range when he should stop at 10m at least to engage with his lightning. he is only supposed to engage point blank and use his saber if a melee mob attacks him but i see how that would be a moot point to sorcerers compared to the bug you just mentioned.

Edited by Meeth

I have never been happier to be wrong (see my post yesterday). I stripped Ashara of her implants, gave em to Xalek, gave em a new sash, gloves, bracers, boots, headgear, my old vestments & robe. He now has bout 11.5k health, 2400 armor, 830 endurance, bout the same willpower.

He's awesome. No bugs that I've seen. Just wish we could get em earlier! Ship duty Ashara!

Am I the only one noticing something wrong with this?

You stripped the implants from Ashara, a companion who wears strength gear, and gave them to Xalek, who wears willpower?

If you've been giving Ashara willpower gear, no wonder she's been useless to you....

Or if you're giving strength implants to Xalek, you're still doing it wrong.

You stripped the implants from Ashara, a companion who wears strength gear, and gave them to Xalek, who wears willpower?

If you've been giving Ashara willpower gear, no wonder she's been useless to you....

}--FTW--{ FTW fighter says you win the internet

Are you sure you have Xalek in tanking stance?

For me Xalek isn't bugged and the Columi/Rakata he wears properly boosts secondary stats on him.

I am not ingame right now, but some of his defensive stats is set to 0% (can't remember if it is Shield or Absorption ratin) when I switch him to DPS stance.

Are you sure you have Xalek in tanking stance?

For me Xalek isn't bugged and the Columi/Rakata he wears properly boosts secondary stats on him.

I am not ingame right now, but some of his defensive stats is set to 0% (can't remember if it is Shield or Absorption ratin) when I switch him to DPS stance.

Really? are you sure? You would be the only known person with a non-bugged Xalek.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2791/xalekbugged.jpg

He's not wearing the same gear as when I ran those numbers, but you can clearly see that he is stuck at the same 25 shield 20 absorb he would be at if he were naked (in tank stance) even though he's in T2 and T3 lvl 50 gear. note the 315 absorb giving him a bonus of 0.

I know the best stat those implants had was endurance (willpower was close behind), which matters on any character. I rarely find implants in drops, so she had to make do. I think I did find one decent strength implant for her along the way but yea. So was happy to give em to Xalek, as you're right they fit em better. Whoever my companion (main tank) is, I give em the implants I was previously wearing when I find better ones for me, & Ima Sorc so yea. Can't remember the actual stats off the top of my head.

Edited by Darth_Solrac