What happend to slicing

desmonia

Ive never ever used slicing as a "mission skill" before reaching 400 in it... i always just see it as a bonus income during leveling... everywhere you go on the planets, theres bundles of cash lying around for you to just pick up... its much more profitable than any of the other gathering skills for that amount of effort IMHO.

Greetings everyone!

Thank you for all your helpful responses! :)

We wanted to give you the following information from our Developer Tracker by our Senior Online Community Manager, Stephen Reid:

Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

You can also find more information in our Known In-Game Issues Sticky by our Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: April 27th, 2012

Crew Skills

• For the Slicing Crew Skill, Premium Lockboxes are providing fewer credits than intended.

We hope this helps to answer at least some of your questions regarding this issue! :)

They claim it's a bug but I believe Bioware did it intentionally when they put up lockboxes on the pvp-vendor. They realized the lockboxes you could buy with obsolete pvp commendations had a too high yield. So they simply nerfed the payout from green lockboxes knowing it would screw with the slicers. I have a feeling this "bug" will be fixed the day the lockboxes disappear from the pvp-vendor.

They claim it's a bug but I believe Bioware did it intentionally when they put up lockboxes on the pvp-vendor. They realized the lockboxes you could buy with obsolete pvp commendations had a too high yield. So they simply nerfed the payout from green lockboxes knowing it would screw with the slicers. I have a feeling this "bug" will be fixed the day the lockboxes disappear from the pvp-vendor.

Then you shouldn't trust your feelings seeing as this has now been fixed and included in the patch notes.

Edited by BroadStreetBully

Finding our way - Class 5 Box- Rich Yield - 1930 - Returned = 1533

Plug the leak - Class 6 Box - Moderate Yield - 1415 - Returned = 1416

The Azure Databanks - Class 6 - Abundant Yield - 1485 - Returned = 1911 credits

Total spend= 4831

Total rewards=4860

Total Gain for maxed out skill = 29 credits.

Hold me down and call me a taxi , a doctor and a kipper. I am giddy with excitement.

Treasure Hunting now returns far FAR more than before and WAAAAYYY more than slicing.

Edited by FlynnFlon

Did it again with same missions to keep it consistent.

Finding our way - Class 5 Box- Rich Yield - 1930 - Returned = 1227 Credits

Plug the leak - Class 6 Box - Moderate Yield - 1415 - Returned = 1195 Credits

The Azure Databanks - Class 6 - Abundant Yield - 1485 - Returned = 1519 credits

Total spend= 4831

Total rewards=3941

Total Gain for maxed out skill = Minus 890 credits.

Edited by FlynnFlon

Its because EA wants to dry up money in game.

Send your guy on a mission, there is a chance it will fail. If it works, there is a slight chance you make a profit. If you are very lucky you get a discovery mission. You put this on the AH and EA takes a cut.

Then you shouldn't trust your feelings seeing as this has now been fixed and included in the patch notes.

Moderate lockbox missions still give me greater credits rewards than rich and bountiful lockbox missions compared to the mission cost. The green lockboxes barely cover the mission cost for the missions I have ran. I don't have a sample large enough to draw a conclusion if the green boxes are rewarding less than pre 1.2. Just a feeling that the white boxes are far more rewarding and those missions crit just as often as rich and bountiful.

I can't buy the pvp lockboxes but I'm guessing it's the same lockboxes as the slicers get. So a database query probably told Bioware that there are so many pvp commendations that needs to be traded in for lockboxes and without flooding the market they had to nerf the credit yield. Most people have probably traded in their commendations so they could fix the yield in the latest patch.