What is so dang funny about saying "teh"??

Anysao

Im sorry, I can't stand it any more! What is so funny about saying "teh" in replacement of "the"? While it is a possible type, people have honestly got into the habit of saying "Teh" automatically ( without looking at the keyboard), instead of "The". Just because they think its funny.

Am i alone in this argument? And It seems for people who are even against these things, they STILL use "teh", but nothing else.

One person even said "I thought teh was the right way of saying it."

and it can seriously mess you up...

Heres an example, for say, your at work or something;

Your boss is planning for you to get a promotion, but in order to do this, you need to impress the CEO with a powerpoint (Or of the like). With a raise in pay, you obviously agree to this. So, after a week of hard work, the CEOs come in and view it with you, and while it is all good facts, the senior member will notice something. You spelled "the" wrong. it came out "teh" they all share a laugh, thinking its a typo, and then you are quick to realize YOU DIDN'T SPELL "THE" CORRECTLY ONCE.

Theres my story. Im not gonna say itll ruin your life, but please, for the people who care about grammar, please, use it in moderation.

PS- And I ask that you please stop calling us "Grammar Nazis" when we correct you. This is VERY Offensive, and someone with certain ethnics could be incredibly offended.

ya, but the real problem is the whole "misspelling things on the internet trends" have gotten old.. its just not funny any more!

I agree. It's teh worst thing to happen to teh internet. :p

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

But seriously, it IS stupid. I mean, it seems to have started because people type really fast. When that happens, the h and e get transposed sometimes when spelling "the" so it comes out "teh". I'm actually at the point where it doesn't bother me so much. It is still slightly annoying, though

Greetings everyone!

We ask that threads in this sub-forum revolve around the Community within Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is more about general discussion of views on the word "teh", we are going to close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding! :)