Suggestions for Crew Skills that Complement Sentinels

KobiBeef

The magic answer? It depends! hehe I have Artifice on mine, which I generally enjoy. You can make crystals and hilts and enhancements and augmented lightsabers. If you're still low level, you may choose Cybertech instead as it can craft Mods and Armorings and Earpieces, which are a great cheap way to keep your gear more closely up to date as you level (assuming you use all orange gear, which is my preference). Synthweaving is also nice as it can craft orange Jedi armor with augment slots. And there is also a steady vote for Biochem as it is often seen as the most profitable, as well as giving you reusable stuff (like stims & medpacks I believe).

The others (Armormech, Armstech) are more for non-Jedi so they will be of limited use to you.

At the end of the day it will be your preference. You generally won't be able to get everything you want and need out of a single craft, so be smart and use the GTN to get yourself some credits for buying what you are unable to craft. A good suggestion would be to focus on a few mid-level (20-40) purple items that you've learned from Reverse Engineering, and sell them on the GTN for more than you think they're worth. I generally find that mid-level items are vastly underrepresented on the GTN so you'll have minimal competition for selling them.

As for the Gathering/Mission skills, I would suggest getting the ones paired with your craft. Otherwise you will have to work the GTN to purchase materials to craft which can be a pain (and costly too).

Last tip: Whatever crafting you decide to do, it's probably best to keep it at a few levels above your current level so that you can craft in anticipation of what is to come.

I went with Artifice because you'll be able to craft crystals, hilts and enhancements, which are three of the four pieces in your lightsabers, the most important piece of gear a Sentinel has equipped. Also enhancements are needed in all orange-grade grade gear, both armor and weapons, for you and/or your companions. You'll also be able to craft focuses for Kira, shields for T7 and Scourge and generators for Rusk to help fill out their equipment, if you so choose.

Since the grade of the hilt determines the base damage of your lightsabers, I think it's probably the best spec for a leveling Sentinel, so you can keep your damage up. Even if you're only crafting a green-grade hilt, having it right when you can use it for the level you're at is a huge bonus. It will also save commendations which you'll need to purchase armoring (7 commendations each) and mods (2 commendations each) since you can't craft those.

Otherwise I would suggest Biochem, which will allow you to craft implants, stims and adrenals to boost your performance. It's regarded as the most useful end-game crafting skill and is useful for leveling as well.

Cybertech and Synthweaving are viable but I'd pass on both since you'll want to focus on offense, not defense.

Armormech and Armstech are garbage, since neither will directly benefit you.