What if everyone transfers off my server except me?

Dozer

He kind of skipped this part:

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice

So at first you wont just be able to transfer wherever you want. LATER they will allow broader transfers. I would suggest everyone double check their facts and not leave out stuff.

What exactly is your point? The free and paid aspect of what Dallas said has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread.

There will be free transfers based on a list of eligible servers from Bioware. There will also be paid transfers, allowing you the option to transfer characters to/from a broader list of servers then the free list. And it's not surprising that they may not offer paid transfers until the dust settles from the free transfers.

Edited by Andryah

What exactly is your point? The free and paid aspect of what Dallas said has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread.

There will be free transfers based on a list of eligible servers from Bioware. There will also be paid transfers, allowing you the option to transfer characters to/from a broader list of servers then the free list. And it's not surprising that they may not offer paid transfers until the dust settles from the free transfers.

My point is that there will only be a few "promotional" servers with no mention of when the broader system will be available. He and you are acting like this will all be in early summer. It will not. It will only be to certain servers then later on (who knows how long) they will have where you can go wherever you wish.

I feel that BW should just merge some of the Light servers, thus creating Standard population servers. There are just too many servers to choose from, that's why this is a problem.

Less choices = healthier populated servers

I am a member of a Light server (Zez Kai-Ell). Great group of players, just not enough for consistant warzones. Would love to see fresh blood move to our server.

I feel that BW should just merge some of the Light servers, thus creating Standard population servers. There are just too many servers to choose from, that's why this is a problem.

I am a member of a Light server (Zez Kai-Ell). Great group of players, just not enough for consistant warzones. Would love to see fresh blood move to our server.

Merging servers would cause guilds to have to be disbanded among other issues. How do you tell someone who spent months building a guild he gets to start over?

My point is that there will only be a few "promotional" servers with no mention of when the broader system will be available. He and you are acting like this will all be in early summer. It will not. It will only be to certain servers then later on (who knows how long) they will have where you can go wherever you wish.

1) you do not know that, you are making it up.

2) I think you are completely off base by injecting the "promotional" term into the discussion, especially given your worry wort negative thinking process (you know, like being scared to death that they would ban you for using an out of game combat parser just yesterday).

Their priority is helping people on very dead servers find a new home. Which is as it should be. That's not promotional server transfers, that's solving a real player problem. It's a quality of life thing. Paid transfers to a server of your choice is not quality of life, it's convenience or preference. They may offer it within a few weeks, or they may wait a few months. More likely it will be a few weeks, because that's about how long it takes for the dust to settle once they open free transfers.

They may never let you just go whereever you wish. Just because they offer paid transfers does not mean they are going to let everyone with a checkbook gank Fatman for example.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah, all the imps quit on our sever so it's just a bunch of republic guys fighting the same guys over and over.

Maybe you should read it again.

They check, double check, triple check, quadruple check and quintuple check these things before posting them, too. No doubt about it, they intend free transfers off of low pops onto higher ones.

"Higher pop servers" does not allways equal "High pop servers". If I'm on a light pop server, then a standerd pop is a "higher pop server".

Merging servers would cause guilds to have to be disbanded among other issues. How do you tell someone who spent months building a guild he gets to start over?

If 2 servers merged, why would the guilds have to start over? They would all just be combined onto 1 server. No other changes, just more ppl.

What if everyone leaves the server you are headed for because they know everyone is headed there? huh?

Then you are left on a broken wore out server, that crashes everynow and then, caz it was wore out.

So I will take the "wait and see approach".

This however might work against me were I going to do it though.

All the best destinations might get full up and hang their "no vacancy" signs up, all over the place.

Long haired freaky people aren't alowed either, sign says.