Why are 5k+ smashes on 4 targets at once balanced?

Cataphractone

Well maybe my terminolgy was off... PT to me means Powertech and I will go look I think I said he did a pyro attack, didnt say he was pyro... I dont like to assume builds or AC's unless its obvious... I dont go by a play book, I go how the combat flows and play according to whats going on... prolly why I suck at identfying abilities and ac...and I try to keep my mara always moving and in the mix...

However, all I can tell is what I saw, and I have no logs, no screen shots... and I was by no means trying to say its OP....

It was a void star, 4 jumped the powertech, he did an attack, I saw one injured guy go down, 2 others get hurt (I dont exactly recall the amount but it was more than a tick) and I saw my health drop 30 to 50%, I wasnt taking exact numbers other than saw a signficant drop.

If I did say he was or imply, it was unintensional and an error.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5k force sweep/ smash require you to spec into Focus (or equivalent). That's really all that tree offers and they can't just spam it every 12(?) seconds. It requires a setup to achieve. I spec'd it to try it out and found it to be quite the focused starved build. Ironic huh?

This^ That's why no one complains.

the whole reason it appears to be OP is simply due to the fact people rarely see that attack because there are so few people using that tree. So basically they got a jedi mind trick on themselves and was taken off guard. AOE Knockbacks have more use and desired more than that one gimmick.

I actually think it used to be overpowered pre 1.2, b/c it was one of the primary ways to really destroy healer+tank combos in high level warzone play. 2 or 3 guardians/Juggs timing their ability together could kill a healer and tank every 10 seconds or so, more or less guaranteed regardless of what the opposition did or how many healers they brought.

Now, that is less important, b/c every dps can achieve the same results, but with more sustained abilities.

You might be talking about an AP PT. Their buffed Flamethrower can easily do that, as Flamethrower is the hardest hitting single attack that ANY spec of PT has, and it's buffed by 50% damage.

You have to channel it though.

According to the OP it doesnt exist...

No one specs that so I didn't think about it, and the damage doesn't come all at once like the poster was implying. I might try it though. I've been pyro for most of my time on my PT.