What keeps you motivated?

SWGFTL

I'm just curious as to what keeps you motivated after your story line is complete and you have hit the level

cap? I see so many "canceling subscription/bored/lack of content" threads that I wonder what keeps the "small" percentage a motive to continue? A list of ideas would be nice.

Thanks!

I'm a mmo completionist (titles, datacrons, gear sets, bonus series, pets, credits, 400 craftings, 10k affections, speeders, bonus legacies) and I can't afford to play countless hours everyday, so this game will never end for me. :p

The funny thing is I've seen this kind of question in every mmos that I've tried. It's kind of worse in SWTOR because they made this game so accessible (fast leveling, linear structure) and it's still such a young mmo (less content).

Edited by Sammm

I take my sweet time and don't hit max level within the first 6 months or more. ;) I slow it down, avoid "grinding," and make alts from the start. Been playing since early release, highest level is 42.

So, if I had a 50 already, I'd do the same. Slow, avoid the grind, play an alt(s).

Edited by Lunazen

I've basically done what Lunazen has done.

My highest level toon is 30 something.

That being said, I left that server and rerolled with some friends elsewhere.

I currently have four toons on Daragon Trail and play both Empire and Republic.

I kind of think the people that are leaving due to boredom are people that are used to playing MMOs that have been around a long time. Something like WoW, I level as quickly as possible in order to get to end game content 'cause that's where all the fun is for that game, at least in my opinion. But you can't do that with SWTOR. The game is too new and there's not enough content. I think people just need to slow it down a bit lol. There's no hurry in this game at the moment.

I've basically done what Lunazen has done.

My highest level toon is 30 something.

That being said, I left that server and rerolled with some friends elsewhere.

I currently have four toons on Daragon Trail and play both Empire and Republic.

I kind of think the people that are leaving due to boredom are people that are used to playing MMOs that have been around a long time. Something like WoW, I level as quickly as possible in order to get to end game content 'cause that's where all the fun is for that game, at least in my opinion. But you can't do that with SWTOR. The game is too new and there's not enough content. I think people just need to slow it down a bit lol. There's no hurry in this game at the moment.

See that's the thing, I love the game but after leveling three characters I got burnt out. No drive, no energy, nothing.

See that's the thing, I love the game but after leveling three characters I got burnt out. No drive, no energy, nothing.

Hmm. I don't play as often as some people do. I've got other hobbies to take up my time too. I'm not saying, "Go get a life" but maybe pacing yourself off the game would help too? I made a Smuggler about a week ago and had to log off her just as I hit Coruscant because I'd just finished Coruscant on my Jedi. Then I had to find a way to flat out avoid Taris on my Jedi because I hate Taris with a passion. xD I've leveled through all the first four planets Republic side four or five times now. It's starting to be a drag. :s

If it's that much of an issue, I'd just want till there's more content released.