Fix Defender Points!

Erlestoke

People are not receiving the correct points for defending a turret. It has been broken since patch 1.2 was on the PTS. This problem may not be such a huge issue now that the total medals needed to receive credit for the match was brought down to one, but it still a big issue. People are getting a lot less medals than they should be earning which means less valor and comms. I see this problem in the civil war warzone all the time. It makes players not want to play warzones if they are not getting credit or if they are playing the warzone players do not want to defend since they don't get credit.

I was in a Civil War where I capped snow to begin with and guarded it for the rest of the match. Received no defender points the entire time and eventually had to leave it unguarded just to get my one medal before we won.

It's a rare occurrence and an even rarer scenario(not having your node attacked the entire game), but it would have been rather frustrating to have received nothing at the end of the match because of this.

This is a bug I have been too lazy to report. Sometimes your character is not registered as entering the defense radius. I have had success running out 50m or so and back again. Then my defender points start to tick.

I'll try to remember to report it tonight if I see it.

Yeah, has happened to me and a few other people have said the same once I mentioned it in ops chat.

Running away and coming back didnt fix it for me though, neither did dying and coming back. Defending a different turret worked though, and once I came back to the original turret after flipping it back to our side it started ticking defense points again.

But it doesnt seem to affect everyone guarding the affected turret consistently. Pretty hard to isolate.

I seem to see the opposite problem; People recieve too many defender points compared to the attacker points; The reward for being on the winning team shoudl just be extra commendations and valor at the end of the match, there's no reason to make it easier for the winning team to get medals as well.

I am both happy and sad I am not the only one having this issue, so I know its not just me.

I seem to see the opposite problem; People recieve too many defender points compared to the attacker points; The reward for being on the winning team shoudl just be extra commendations and valor at the end of the match, there's no reason to make it easier for the winning team to get medals as well.

I am not sure you know how attacker points work, if I am understanding your statement correctly. Your statement is confusing since it doesn't seem to have to do with what I posted.

• 2 weeks later...
I got zero medals from guarding a turret today. Also have they fixed the tooltip saying you only need one medal now or does it still say you need 3?

It still says you need 3, which isn't true.

Still having issues with not getting defender points!

It seems to be a rare condition. Does it happen when you fight?

As in: Does it only happen if you guard the point and have no inc the whole game?

Not saying you shouldnt get def-points for that - but maybe it's some strange condition which is not met.

Overall the medal system is a bit uggy. Quite a few times people dont get the speed medal team rewards and leave a game with 3 medals when they 6-0ed the opposing team in huttball.

BUMP!

This is still broken!

I've noticed this problem mostly in civil war,... I just spent an entire match sitting on 1 turret,... dying one time... and I got a grand total of 1k defender points.

In other WZ I will get at least 7500 defender points...

Devs! At least acknowledge the problem exists and fix it!

It seems to be a rare condition. Does it happen when you fight?

As in: Does it only happen if you guard the point and have no inc the whole game?

Not saying you shouldnt get def-points for that - but maybe it's some strange condition which is not met.

Overall the medal system is a bit uggy. Quite a few times people dont get the speed medal team rewards and leave a game with 3 medals when they 6-0ed the opposing team in huttball.

Yeah I have seen this a couple times, what I did that "seemed" to work, is run out of the zone of the turret and then run bacl in, they started accruing then.

But yeah definitely a bug they need to fix.