Is this guy cheating?

DarkDreden

I'm a Marauder in full BM gear. I came across a Scoundrel today in several warzones in what looked like low level Jedi robes. He was able to take out almost 50% of my health with just one shot. He was very hard to kill also, taking about 20 seconds to kill in a 2 on 1 fight with the 1 being him. I can understand that he might get an occasional crit that takes out 50% of an opponents health but to take out such a large part of my health every time seems odd. And he looks like he has no expertise yet he's really hard to kill. I'm not sure if he really is cheating, is there some way to tell before I report him for cheating?

I'm a Marauder in full BM gear. I came across a Scoundrel today in several warzones in what looked like low level Jedi robes. He was able to take out almost 50% of my health with just one shot. He was very hard to kill also, taking about 20 seconds to kill in a 2 on 1 fight with the 1 being him. I can understand that he might get an occasional crit that takes out 50% of an opponents health but to take out such a large part of my health every time seems odd. And he looks like he has no expertise yet he's really hard to kill. I'm not sure if he really is cheating, is there some way to tell before I report him for cheating?

Full BM and no clue?

You can transfer high level mods into lower level armor.

He might have been full Battlemaster with some pieces of War Hero with the skin of a low level Jedi Robe.

Maybe even augmented gear with a further stat advantage.

I'm not doing the math, but he's probably not cheating.

Consider the following

-Synthweaving and Armormech can now crit orange gear for an extra slot (augment).

-these skills and armstech can create augments

-battlemaster and war hero gear can now have all mods removed

-there's more synthweavers than armormechs in this game

-Sentinels and Scoundrels both wear medium armor

Here's what's probably happening (I'm working on this myself; it's not easy to do as there's a ton of preparation involved and no armstechs anywhere to make the mods I want)

-the guy you're talking about got his hands on a full set of crit crafted empty medium gear. Happened to be jedi gear, probably also found a 5 slot gun

-he pulled the mods out of his BM / War hero gear and put them in this set

-then he acquired purple 22 surge/end or cunning/end mods and put one in each armor piece and gun

My guess is this guy isn't cheating or lacking in expertise, he's probably wearing the best gear of anyone you've seen in a warzone to date.

I keep trying to type a response without being mean, but it's really hard. So I'll just say that you should listen to the explanations already posted and leave it at that. I would say ask "silly" questions in general chat but you'd probably just get trolled and laughed at, so I guess this is the appropriate place. In the future, though, read the patch/update notes, and look through the forums. Understanding the basics will answer a lot of "silly" questions.

More specifically, you can do minimal research to find out what "cheats" are out there so that you will know what it looks like when you see it. If it's not obviously one of those exploits, then you just don't understand something about the game. I hope that lays this thread to rest.

No need to. He killled you, therefore, he MUST be cheating...

QQ

shoot first, followed by a backblast amplified by a 15% expertise adrenal is very nasty, along with blowing a crit relic, i can pretty much take down anyone very quickly if they dont pop a defensive CD. Honestly, there is hardly anyone that can beat me in a 1 v 1 fight. But like any class, this is entirely dependant on what CD's i have up.

so pretty much flachette round, shoot first, blaster whip, vital shoot, dirty kick, flachette round, back blast, sucker punch, blaster whip, sucker punch, and at this point most people are dead, if not then vanish and repeat

best thing to do is to pop your CC break right after he does dirty kick this is his second stun he hits you with, and then just pray he's not a cybertech cause then your SOL.