I found a use for Legacy kits!!

MouseNoFour

I finally found a really awesome use for those Legacy kits we all got when we logged in after 1.2 hit!!

If you are transferring something valuable, like a really nice 50 purple or a couple million credits between characters... dump one of those kits in with it! Since you cannot send those to anyone but your own characters, with those attached you will never accidently send that 2 million credits to Deathmarker instead of your alt Deathmaker!!

Just gather them all up from your alts, and get into the habit of attaching those to very important mails!

Awesome Idea! I agree those Kits are a complete joke. By the time you are level 15-16 you already have Custom gear, don't hand me Blue crap to sell to the next vendor I visit.

I think the IDEA / CONCEPT was an excellent one. The implementation is much like the customer service and very poorly implemented with something that has meaning and the ability to make things happen.

IDEA: Decrease these from 15 level to like level 5 and park TWO Vendors on each starter planet. That way you could start your "Inheritance" right instead of your main character dumping money & gifts to the new character this system works as planned.

Only a couple times in the history of my time player mmo's have i ever sent items to a misspelled random player. Thankfully none of those were all that important.

But there is always a first.

Best/most awkward sleepy moment of my life in vent:

"Guys... I think I just sent my mats to a guy named 'Gloves'... I'm going to bed..."

Best/most awkward sleepy moment of my life in vent:

"Guys... I think I just sent my mats to a guy named 'Gloves'... I'm going to bed..."

People do make some strange names, I wonder if he had alts like pants and boots?

Im glad someone's found a use for these useless items.

About 4 years ago, on LOTRO, someone sent me 250k gold. My toon at the time was only lvl 16. I was like "Holy %^#@ !" Then I thought about it. Someone must of mispelled the intended reciever. It felt wrong to take the gold so i sent it back to her. She then sent me another message within 3 minutes and gave me 50 gold. Told me it was for being honest and said thank you. She had tried to send the gold to her alt and mistyped the name.

Yes I know I probally could of kept the gold. I just didn't think it was the right thing to do.